diy solar

diy solar

High quality cables

Geo

I was shopping for 2 gauge battery cables on Amazon and discovered EWCS. They say they are premium flexible welding cables. does anybody have experience with this brand?

I bought 2-25ft runs, 4/0 one red one black. The wire seems fine, BUT, and this is a big one, the insulation was uneven and so the whole thing was a waste of money for me. Better to go with Ancor wire in my opinion. For me anyway, it wasn't a savings.

I think EWCS was on my short list, but I ended up going with TEMCo. Shipping was good, quality was excellent and their customer service was very quick to respond.

I noticed the TEMCo cable is not UL listed. Is that an issue when used inside a residence for DC cables? I'm so tired of the THHN/USE-2 cable I have been using in 6AWG to 2/0 AWG for the DC side of my system and want to switch to highly flexible cable with lugs and ferrules.

That looks like a good find considering they even have flexible cable that is UL listed and in colors. Wonder who the manufacturer is of that cable.
For my needs I am going with them. I only need to get a few short cables to properly finish my build. Since the cable is UL listed personally I am not concerned about the manufacturer.

Back