diy solar

diy solar

High Voltage Inverter / MPPT Solar Charge Controller

ArranP

I am familiar wtih and able to source easily inverters and mppt charge controller eqiupment for a 48VDC battery bank.

However I am currently scanning the internet trying source an inverter and mppt charge controller to work with a 400VDC battery bank but not having much luck.... I know this equipment is available somewhere because several yacht manufacturers i.e. Silent Yachts and Sunreef are now making solar powered catamarans that use a 400VDC / 800VDC battery bank to power the hosue loads and propulsion and re-charge via solar panels.

I am looking to re-power my catamaran, any pointers would be most welcome.

I managed to find a supplier Growatt supplies inverters / mppt charge controllers that work with 400VDC battery banks.

I managed to find a supplier Growatt supplies inverters / mppt charge controllers that work with 400VDC battery banks.
Hey Arran,

what product did you find from grow watt that suited your application?

also looking for a hight voltage mppt and inveter

Enetelus and Tabushi (maybe the same company) make very high voltage, commercial grade inverters / chargers.

Battery hookup has one that takes 500 vdc on sale.

Enetelus and Tabushi (maybe the same company) make very high voltage, commercial grade inverters / chargers.

Battery hookup has one that takes 500 vdc on sale.
It is Tabuchi. Battery Hookup has typos they have never fixed. Very high quality inverters, and they can be bought for a LOT less than what BH is charging. There are a lot of them sitting in warehouses being neglected since Tabuchi shut down their San Jose office.

Back