diy solar

diy solar

Higher amp BMS

Pneuma

Hello.
I am planing on buying a 24v 100A LiFePo4 8s battery bank and I am planning on upgrading it down the road to a 24v 200A So I was wondering if I could Buy/use the Daly 3.2V LiFePo4 8S 24V 250A common port From the beginning to finish? And also if anyone knows that if the newer versions come with the low temp cut off?

please let me know what you think and what you know ☺️
Thank you ?

The size of bms depends on the max load.
For most systems that is calculated based on the inverter.

Oh I didn’t know I thought it was how much Ah was the batteries Capable of. That’s why I mentioned the 250 ah Bms just to give it a50am head room. Thank your?

Most people suggest using a larger BMS and then fusing the system at a safe level for the batteries and cables etc. Many "Smart" BMS units will also allow you to set a lower current protection set point. I don't know for sure on the Daly, but my 200 amp JK BMS can be set as low as 20 amps for both charge and discharge for over current protection. High amp BMS units normally have much lower internal resistance and will run cooler and waste less energy than a lower current BMS.

Most people suggest using a larger BMS and then fusing the system at a safe level for the batteries and cables etc. Many "Smart" BMS units will also allow you to set a lower current protection set point. I don't know for sure on the Daly, but my 200 amp JK BMS can be set as low as 20 amps for both charge and discharge for over current protection. High amp BMS units normally have much lower internal resistance and will run cooler and waste less energy than a lower current BMS.
Thank you! That’s very helpful. I’m honestly going to be looking up how I can figure out the variables that I need in order to set up my BMS I though I can just hook it up and it will work but it seems like I need to program it?

Many of the cheaper BMS units have fixed settings that are a bit wide so they only shut down if something is far out of spec. The "smart" ones with an app can usually be set to better fit your cells, or your choices if you want to keep them even lower on full charge or shut off early so not go below 20% etc.

Some of the free apps only let you monitor, and they make you buy the premium app if you want to change any settings.

Many of the cheaper BMS units have fixed settings that are a bit wide so they only shut down if something is far out of spec. The "smart" ones with an app can usually be set to better fit your cells, or your choices if you want to keep them even lower on full charge or shut off early so not go below 20% etc.

Some of the free apps only let you monitor, and they make you buy the premium app if you want to change any settings.
Oh wow that would suck If I had to pay again just to change the settings lol!

Back