diy solar

diy solar

Higher voltage scc and inverter output than LV2424

heirloom hamlet

life my way
Guys I have several systems off-grid now, each going a different direction on the SC homestead we are building. They're all the same, using all-in-one LV-2424s and those SanSolar 250w 24v panels, 3S3P (37.6 VOC [112.8v], Max current 8.27a [24.81a] ), charging up my DIY 280aH banks...the awesome china cells.

On one of these I'm interested in replacing the LV2424 for a SCC and Inverter that can take more voltage and give more amperage. I would like to be able to double my array one day if necessary in this particular spot, to account for fewer sunlight hours than the other arrays in the winter. I sort of in the woods.

Trouble is, I am not interested in reworking my entire 24v system for a 48v. The 24v is suiting us just fine and installation space is an issue. My question is: Is anyone aware of a 24v SCC that could take my 4kw, 225v VOC, 25 a array? And can be paired with a 24v inverter that could handle more like 20a, rather than the 13a the LV2424's can dish out. I've become proficient at the arrays I have put together, but am a newb when branching out.

Any info, direction or lead would be helpful and appreciated, even if there is no such thing. Victron's offerings have me all sorts of confused...everything seems to be 230v, designed for Europe.

Oh, and here's something we rarely see on here. I don't give a frogs fat ass what it costs. For this one, I just want it.

Thanks, my friends.

Back