diy solar

diy solar

Hightech solar panels

No formal testing, but I've finally gotten a chance to really put the 2x200W panels I got from them to work. The highest I've seen is 849W, though that was probably ideal conditions (cool summer day at high altitude, driving around the mountains so probably at least briefly got near-ideal tilt)
Highest full-day output so far was 5340Wh and 3500-4000KWh seems to be fairly typical with some clouds here and there.

They also survived a small hailstorm and a lot of highway driving without issues.
Those numbers seem pretty incredible for any panels. I can't imagine seeing >400W/panel that is rated at 200W. Well, unless you were driving around on the sunny side of the moon with massive cooling. Purely from a light source perspective.

Those numbers seem pretty incredible for any panels. I can't imagine seeing >400W/panel that is rated at 200W. Well, unless you were driving around on the sunny side of the moon with massive cooling. Purely from a light source perspective.
That's because there's a typo in there, sorry. 4x200W for 800W nominal and ~6% above their rating rather than just over 2x.

If anyone in the NYC area wants some of these I ordered fresh ones a few months ago but just wrecked the rig they were going to be mounted to.

Wow that sucks. You okay? I actually am near Lake George till Sunday then heading to Southern Vermont for a month....

Sorry to hear that, glad you’re ok otherwise!

I was really excited to get some of their 200W square panels. I messaged the guy on eBay back in December and was told they were waiting on glass to make more of them. They’ve never appeared on their page and he didn’t respond to my last two messages so I gave up. Going to be going with one 405W LG panel instead.

Going with an LG NeON 2 405W which fits the space we have perfectly. The Hitech square panels would have worked but sadly two of the regular rectangular ones won’t.

Back