diy solar

diy solar

Hijacking Threads

Should Threads Stay on Subject, or at least close to it?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, one of the cats starts in at 4am for a 6am feeding. Don’t get me started. :ROFLMAO:
Aaahhh, but has she learned how to turn on the bedside lamp yet? Mine has and if I don't get up early enough to let her play outside she resorts to turning it on.

clever-girl

And yes, she's about that sharp too...

Last edited:
We had three pomeranians for over 15 years, they all finally died of old age. One was with us for almost 18 years.
Two would sleep on the bed, one under. Snuggle bugs.

After a couple of years we decided to adopt a couple of cats - they do better in pairs. Got two maine-coon mix litter-mates, that are almost two years old. Male cats are way more affectionate than females. AKA 'needy'. LOL They are bigger than the dogs - about 15lbs. Building the 'cat trees' was the best thing ever.

One has obviously been chased out of the bedroom by the former owner, cuz he won't even come in the room while we're sleeping. But the other one will stroll up between us, purring, and a very quiet little 'mew' - as if to say "are you awake?" If we ignore him he goes sits on his perch overlooking the bed and waits. Cats do that loaf thing - they sit there like a loaf of bread. LOL

Keeping cats is VERY different than dogs.

Built a 'catio' for the RV...they are 'adventure cats'. LOL

Maybe we can make this thread have the most responses to any thread on the forums yet?
That would be awesome if such a friendly fun thread could dethrone this cesspool:

Maybe we can make this thread have the most responses to any thread on the forums yet?
This is probably impossible, perhaps it's better to keep this thread as compact as possible. In order to do so, we could build a fixture around it, like a topic or something, and apply 300kgf to prevent any issues and ensure long life.

That would be awesome if such a friendly fun thread
ok hear me out, we can get to this admirable goal. all we need to do is, when reading some other thread, and feel the urge to hijack the thread, just return to this thread to do so here instead ?

..and then maybe also start a new thread about whatever it was, in a relevant subforum ?

a side effect of this could be a complete resolution of the thread hijacking problem.

if all the thread hijacking happens in this (sacrificial) thread, then we can solve the thread hijacking crisis we all face

Bikes to music. These two autoplayed on youtube a few months ago. I generally would never click on anything like this but was busy and could not skip it. By the end I was loving them.

Bikes to music. These two autoplayed on youtube a few months ago. I generally would never click on anything like this but was busy and could not skip it. By the end I was loving them.

I really liked that Video and I am ashamed to say I had some Hillbilly thoughts in my head when I saw her, I was almost ready to post a joke and say she looked like she came off the set of "Deliverance". Then I saw this video and it really enforced the thought that one should never judge a book by the cover.

Love me some spoons,

But I usually use a fork while watching football.

And don’t get me started on sporks...

I really liked that Video and I am ashamed to say I had some Hillbilly thoughts in my head when I saw her, I was almost ready to post a joke and say she looked like she came off the set of "Deliverance". Then I saw this video and it really enforced the thought that one should never judge a book by the cover.
When I found her I started looking for more of her work and watched that video too. Makes you pause and rethink next time you get judgie. She has a pretty neat history.

Thought I would remind everyone what the actual rules are. Doesn't seem to matter since they aren't being enforced on any threads.

So I guess it will remain a free for all, leaving those of us that are actually wanting to seek and share knowledge in search of another source.

I find it humorous that some of you are making such an effort to be cocky. I'm sure your proud.

Code of Conduct​

• Advertising is not allowed. Affiliate links, self-promotion, spam etc, will result in a permanent ban and your IP address will be listed. It is ok to post basic links to products you like, but if we find that you are a shill, you will be banned. The only exception to this rule is the "corporate section" where advertising and self-promotion (but no affiliate links) is allowed.
  • Posts should stay on topic. If you post your favorite music video or a political rant on a thread about batteries, it will be deleted.
  • Be civil. If multiple members complain about disruptive behavior of a member, they will be banned. Be respectful to others, and treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Do not post copyright infringing material.
  • If you post a thread in the wrong category, it will be moved.
  • If your post is not well-thought-out (a string of random words) or completely off the topic of this forum, it will be deleted.
  • If you are a corporate entity, you must state your affiliation in your username/custom title section of your profile. Corporate profiles are allowed to post wherever they please, but posting advertisements is only allowed in the "corporate section" forum. This section will allow you to post new product announcement and deals. Check it out.
  • If someone perceives you to be "wrong" about something, accept it and move on. We are all adults, and we are here to help each other and learn. If someone proves that something you said was wrong, say "Wow! Thank you for teaching me this new information" and move on.
  • If you do not know the answer to someone's question, do not reply to a thread. Responding to every thread with more questions, or trying to answer something that you do not 100% understand, can be misleading for beginners. If you wish to help, and you can help, do it. If not, let someone else respond.
  • If someone has answered a thread's question, give them a "like" and move on. Having 10 different people post the same answer in a thread, fills it with redundant information. If you see a good answer, give them a like, and move on.
  • 1 profile per person. There is no reason to have multiples, and our system will flag it based on IP address.

I'm sorry if I might do what this OP is suggesting as it is being presented, I just don't agree that it as Hijacking.

For me there is a huge difference between normal conversational drift and out right hijacking. In life conversations between people drift all the time all over the place.

If I read a thread about inverter xyz, but my abc inverter has a similar behavior, or the original conversation sparks a question in me about my set up, that might relate and even shed light on the original OPs question, but does not directly answer that question, to me that's not hijacking, that's education and knowledge expansion.

My thinking isn't so narrow that I can't see parallels from other examples and learn from them.

Now Continue with the humorous extreme thread hijacking hijinks.

Have to admit, I got a kick out of that video and subbed to her. Will be good shop music.
Should have been under Humor though.

Last edited:
If you know the thread hijacker and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred threads. If you know yourself but not the thread hijacker, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the thread hijacker nor yourself, you will succumb in every thread.
― Sun Tzu, The Art of Thread Hijacking

So I guess it will remain a free for all, leaving those of us that are actually wanting to seek and share knowledge in search of another source.

Two options for persistent and collated info :)?️?️

I'm sorry if I might do what this OP is suggesting as it is being presented, I just don't agree that it as Hijacking.

For me there is a huge difference between normal conversational drift and out right hijacking. In life conversations between people drift all the time all over the place.

If I read a thread about inverter xyz, but my abc inverter has a similar behavior, or the original conversation sparks a question in me about my set up, that might relate and even shed light on the original OPs question, but does not directly answer that question, to me that's not hijacking, that's education and knowledge expansion.

My thinking isn't so narrow that I can't see parallels from other examples and learn from them.

Now Continue with the humorous extreme thread hijacking hijinks.
I understand drifting. The thread in my original post didn't drift, it went from cell compression to someones cell order to discussing Chinese culture. Got me so pissed off I started this thread. Glad I did, Glad it's getting a lot of exposure. Maybe posters will stop and think.

There's another thread that got changed to motorcycle discussions. Lots of pics, verbiage etc. Gave up on that one also. If I see it I'll post it here.

Thought I would remind everyone what the actual rules are. Doesn't seem to matter since they aren't being enforced on any threads.

I find it humorous that some of you are making such an effort to be cocky. I'm sure your proud.

Code of Conduct​

• Advertising is not allowed. Affiliate links, self-promotion, spam etc, will result in a permanent ban and your IP address will be listed. It is ok to post basic links to products you like, but if we find that you are a shill, you will be banned. The only exception to this rule is the "corporate section" where advertising and self-promotion (but no affiliate links) is allowed.
  • Posts should stay on topic. If you post your favorite music video or a political rant on a thread about batteries, it will be deleted.
  • Be civil. If multiple members complain about disruptive behavior of a member, they will be banned. Be respectful to others, and treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Do not post copyright infringing material.
  • If you post a thread in the wrong category, it will be moved.
  • If your post is not well-thought-out (a string of random words) or completely off the topic of this forum, it will be deleted.
  • If you are a corporate entity, you must state your affiliation in your username/custom title section of your profile. Corporate profiles are allowed to post wherever they please, but posting advertisements is only allowed in the "corporate section" forum. This section will allow you to post new product announcement and deals. Check it out.
  • If someone perceives you to be "wrong" about something, accept it and move on. We are all adults, and we are here to help each other and learn. If someone proves that something you said was wrong, say "Wow! Thank you for teaching me this new information" and move on.
  • If you do not know the answer to someone's question, do not reply to a thread. Responding to every thread with more questions, or trying to answer something that you do not 100% understand, can be misleading for beginners. If you wish to help, and you can help, do it. If not, let someone else respond.
  • If someone has answered a thread's question, give them a "like" and move on. Having 10 different people post the same answer in a thread, fills it with redundant information. If you see a good answer, give them a like, and move on.
  • 1 profile per person. There is no reason to have multiples, and our system will flag it based on IP address.
I will remove the post if you want. This thread is not about batteries its about hijacking threads so I thought it was on par with the hijacking that was going on. Just let me know and I will delete it.

I will remove the post if you want. This thread is not about batteries its about hijacking threads so I thought it was on par with the hijacking that was going on. Just let me know and I will delete it.
The post above wasn't directed at anyone in particular. No need to remove. I do appreciate the offer, thanks.

Back