diy solar

diy solar

Home Backup Setup Help.

dustanltye

Hello,

I have a couple questions regarding a system I want to start building. I am wanting to move several circuits off of my main panel and have a small battery bank to back up those circuits. I would also like to have them setup on a transfer switch so I could power them off of solar during they day and have them switch to battery power until they are depleted then switch to grid power. Is this possible to do without a huge undertaking? Any tips, Hints, Equipment suggestions, or layouts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

this possible to do without a huge undertaking?
What is the sun watts you need to supply/power? As little as 400 or 800Ah of batteries should do a modern fridge and some lights for a day or two with lithium batteries and depending on your watts needed one of these AIOs would do it with or without solar panels. Solar panels added would be better

Power audit so you know how much you need. The concept you want is easy and commonly done, and the hardware exists. The specifics are what you need to figure out, so you know how to size the system, and also how much then it would cost.

Back