diy solar

diy solar

Homeline 125 Amp 12-Space 24-Circuit Outdoor Main Breaker Load Center $33 (amazon)

Nice find. I'm tempted even though I have zero use for it :LOL:

Maybe useful if I built a shed/shop sometime... but I already have a small sub panel that should suffice and matches my main breaker panel (Eaton CH) should I ever get it built.

But I hate Amazon (though I did just order a bushing for my truck I need like yesterday), and don't like it is made in China.

But I hate Amazon (though I did just order a bushing for my truck I need like yesterday), and don't like it is made in China.

Just think of it as though you are sticking it to both of them, at that price, how much money could either party really be making on it? Think of it like a door buster or loss leader.

A consideration on purchase of breaker panels is to keep to same manufacturer type you already have for house. That way you can keep replacement breaker spares that are compatible with all your breaker panels.

This gets significant when talking about the cost of GFCI, AFCI, and DFCI breakers. (DFCI breaker is dual purpose AFCI & GFCI in same breaker)

That's why I got a CH panel for my critical loads. I could just pull breakers from the main and relocate them this way, so even though the panel itself was more expensive, it saved money overall (plus my OCD is happier!).

A consideration on purchase of breaker panels is to keep to same manufacturer type you already have for house. That way you can keep replacement breaker spares that are compatible with all your breaker panels.

This gets significant when talking about the cost of GFCI, AFCI, and DFCI breakers. (DFCI breaker is dual purpose AFCI & GFCI in same breaker)
I have all square-d boxes and breakers, so it would have been a no brainer and saved some beer money.

Back