diy solar

diy solar

Hooking a solar generator to a sub panel

Yeah typically hardwiring a generator to a house panel with only single phase is kind of pointless.

Yeah typically hardwiring a generator to a house panel with only single phase is kind of pointless.
Actually is beneficial. During grid down I shutoff the main and all 240V breakers, and feed the inverter 120V into both sides of my panel. Allows powering all lights, ceiling fans and my furnace blower that would be very difficult by running extension cords.

Yes, a 6k battery bank. I'm totally ignorant of this all. I don't know how much power I consumed with my generator, but at the 7, 000W running and 8,750W max output, it handled a lot of appliances: Well Pump, Lights, Plug outlets running coffee pot, water Kettle, Dish Satellite, TV, 2 Fish Tanks, Refrigerator, Whole House Water Filtration system, etc. So I assumed (my bad?) that I could use a portable solar system with a battery bank with at least 6k watts.
You should keep doing the research for full understanding but you will likely find that any solar/battery system that can match your 7000W generator in terms of output power and duration will be not be portable and cost 10x+.

Back