diy solar

diy solar

Hot environment suggestions

The town has been under quarantine until August 1st, which has been very inconvenient for getting my mail up at Lukeville but has kept our case numbers very low, and since we have virtually no medical infrastructure, that's a good thing. Now the Arizona vacationers are descending in large number so I expect the cast numbers to increase dramatically, but fingers crossed. With solar panels I am hoping to be able to just let the fans run 24/7. Being an old guy, it has gotten tough to work on the van except early in the morning and from about 6-8 in the evening. The heat just drains my energy. When I am in the middle of something I'm only good for 3-4 hours before exhaustion sets in.
Me too. About 3 hours is all I am good for outside.

If you need to cool a small space and want to run it on DC, what about these?

Available to run on 12, 24 or 48v. Apparently start at $550. That is the smallest refrigerant air conditioner I've ever seen.

If you need to cool a small space and want to run it on DC, what about these?

Available to run on 12, 24 or 48v. Apparently start at $550. That is the smallest refrigerant air conditioner I've ever seen.
It is tiny. I am not a AC guy, is 1500 BTU enough to cool much of a space or is it more like a personal cooler?

One reason to be glad I live in the desert, an evaporative cooler works great here.

I wonder if this is out of a minifridge?

Interesting.... How would you mount it to exhaust the heat without destroying the resale value of a van? The smallest unit to cool the battery and inverter compatment

Interesting.... How would you mount it to exhaust the heat without destroying the resale value of a van? The smallest unit to cool the battery and inverter compatment
Diesel heaters run exhaust out through the floor. You could mount it inside an airtight enclosure that ducts cooling air in and hot air out . Going to take some engineering. Alternatively you could replace one of the rear door windows with this. Making that visually attractive would be a challenge.

Back