diy solar

diy solar

Hot Gloves

My solution is NEVER WORK ON HIGH VOLTAGE...

I work around 560, 480, 277, 240, and 120 all day long... I don’t wanna ever have to work on high tension stuff...

EVER...

My solution is NEVER WORK ON HIGH VOLTAGE...

I work around 560, 480, 277, 240, and 120 all day long... I don’t wanna ever have to work on high tension stuff...

EVER...
Anything over 24v is high voltage and can kill you.

Always use tested rubber gloves that are up to date. Do an air test, wear rubber glove protectors.

For the highest voltage they work bare handed or at least they don't wear gloves for electrical protection. 500 kv bare hand club.

Anything over 24v is high voltage and can kill you.
The safe to touch voltage limit is 60VDC. This is the max DC voltage that meets the definitions of a SELV circuit. That is why you see so many industrial 48V systems. These are able to stay beneath 60V even when charging batteries or using switching controllers. It is permitted to exceed 60V in a SELV circuit, if the voltage is higher frequency.

UL 60950-1 defines what a SELV circuit is for US markets if you want to read up on it. Note: IEC 62368-1 ES1 is going to replace UL 60950-1 SELV in December 2020. Basically these standards define circuits that are safe to touch (as in you won't get hurt if you touch the circuit when you are grounded).

F.Y.I. Low Voltage is legally defined differently in different countries. A "low voltage" AC power circuit can definitely kill you depending on where you are. It can be confusing. That is why pretty much everyone that matters from an industrial standpoint is switching to IEC-62368.

Depends too on what your ground-reference voltage is. Only 6V took out one of my coworkers with a high-powered amplifier. When idling, the ground reference was zero volts. When transmitting, the ground reference was 6KV. Yet the front panel meter reads 6V regardless.

Back