diy solar

diy solar

House air conditioning on stand alone power

I have not been setup long at all. Actually just getting started. I am testing at my current house before I break it down and move it to my jome in South Carolina, where Sun is not an issue. I am currently in NY on Long Island. Currently my AC is in single phase, and I am working with Ian at Watts247.com to get it working correctly in split phase. I have a com error setting parameters in the L2 Inverter.
That being said, these are very simple systems to work with. The AC side has been the hardest part for me, as I am not an electrician.
Its strange, cause the DC side can kill just as fast. Lots of amps in those cells!.
I have been learning from DMI inc on Youtube, and DanF here and on Youtube. DanF is an electrician, and very helpful. We are all running multiple MPP LV6548's.
DMI has been off grid the last 100 days, and also runs a big ass HVAC from the inverters.

DanF has the cleanest install I have ever seen. Work of art.
Electrical service in first video wouldn't pass inspection here because of service running too close/over roof. Normally electrical contractor would get in touch with electrical utility before house is wired to determine which side of house service will be.

Second video: Not a solution, but is the current on the neutral exactly the same as is shown on the ground?

Back