diy solar

diy solar

House battery AND a battery bank at same time?

Ponch240

Sorry for the noob question..
I have 4 x 200ah lithium batteries. I have my solar charging 3 batteries at a time that is not connected to my RV and have been swapping out, when needed, the 4th (house battery) connected to the original RV wiring that feeds the 12v panel.

I'm ready to connect my solar setup to the RV now that I have everything wired and fused properly.

My question is, can I leave 1 battery connected to the original RV wiring and connect the other 3 batteries to where I disconnected the 12v Converter from my bus bars? Will the solar panels still charge the 4th (house battery)? Is it safe to do so?

I also run a 3000w inverter/charger capable of sending 75 combined amps to the battery bank that is hooked up to a generator to top up the other 3 batteries when needed..

Thanks.

I will connect all 4 batteries together and connect the battery bank to the inverter/charger the solar charger and the 12V system.

When I tested the system without the house battery hooked up, the 12v panel would not energize. I figure it was because the house battery neutral was grounded.. where as my battery bank was not grounded.

Update.. I added the 4th battery in parallel and left the house negative wire attached to the 12v panel.. I ran #6 POS and NEG from my bus bars with a 100amp fuse to the 12v panel.. seems to be working now..

Question.. is the ground from the trailer negative (also #6 wire) suffice as the ground?

Back