diy solar

diy solar

How do I calculate how many solar panels I need?

Simpson

When I was looking for an answer to this question online, I found a related article.
It probably means:

Use the following formula to calculate how much electricity your panel will generate per day (in kilowatt-hours (kWh)):

Dimensions of a common solar panel (square meters) x 1,000

The result x the normal efficiency of one solar panel (in percent units)

This result x the number of hours of sunshine per day in your area and divide by 1,000

Read more about efficiency below.

To estimate the hours of sunshine in your area, use this calculator.

But what I don't understand is why its coefficients are 1000 and not others, is the result I get with this formula accurate?
If it's wrong, how should I calculate it?

1000W/m^2 is one standard sun.

You could go by wattage rating of the panel, rather than efficiency spec and area, but they should be the same thing.
Spec is "STC" conditions. If it has NOCT or PTC rating, that is under normal conditions. Maybe 70% to 85% of label STC ratings.

Hours of effective sunshine per day, get from an insolation calculator. May range from 2 to 7, average 6, or something like that. For net-metering, average counts. For off-grid, summer vs. winter compared to consumption at that time.

Some insolation calculators will take in to account local temperatures and cloud cover. Most are just based on longitude/latitude.

1000W/m^2 是一个标准太阳。

您可以通过面板的额定功率,而不是效率规格和面积,但它们应该是同一回事。
规格是“STC”条件。如果它有 NOCT 或 PTC 等级,那是在正常情况下。可能有 70% 到 85% 的标签 STC 评级。

每天有效日照时间,从日照计算器中获取。可能范围从 2 到 7,平均 6 或类似的值。对于净计量,平均计数。对于离网,夏季与冬季相比,当时的消费。

一些日照计算器会考虑当地温度和云量。大多数只是基于经度/纬度。
Thank you, this is very helpful to me.

Did I say that?!
;)

"Background - Researcher of solar power generation system"
Is that you? Oh, it explains what you were doing here. Carry on!

Did I say that?!
;)

"Background - Researcher of solar power generation system"
Is that you? Oh, it explains what you were doing here. Carry on!
Yes, actually I'm just a solar novice, I think I should learn more here.:unsure:

Back