diy solar

diy solar

How do You Test Inverter Output with a Multi-meter?

Barbar0ssa

How do you test that an inverter is outputting properly with a multi-meter?

I finally got my Xindun Power LSM-30248 up and running and am getting a ground fault indication on my car charger. Now the seller on alibaba seems to be ghosting me.

This is for American Split-phase power. I have 110v from N to L, 75v from L to PE, and 30v from N to PE (at .48hz?!?).

The air compressor is happy. The car charger is giving me a ground fault.

PXL_20211031_204639723.jpg

have you connected the battery to correct polarity?

You should be testing between L and N on the AC output side. Your getting 110V and I suspect that is at 50HZ.
At this point you need to go into the menu and figure out how you change that to 120V at 60HZ.
If you got that same thin 8 page manual I see online then your going to have to figure out the menu as there is no info on the Menu settings but it does say it will do 120V at 60HZ.
Just insert your meter probes into the L-N wire connectors and screw down a bit so they are held firm, then you can go through the setting without holding the meter wires in place.
BTW PE is Earth ground and the unit should be grounded to the house ground system. You can use that for three pin 120V plugs once its properly grounded.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, you are definitely on the right track. It looks like my system was floating. Things work as long as the ground is tied to the house reference ground as you suggested.

Is this a split phase inverter? From the web page spec sheet it does not appear so.

I tested my new inverter with my Kill-a-watt meter. Glade I did. Last I checked, 15 years ago, you could checkout a Kill-a-watt meter from the library.

Back