diy solar

diy solar

How does "parallel" work for MPP all on one units?

Woggs1

When you connect in parallel for the 2400 watt model (for example) does that mean you hook up all A/C loads to one of the units outputs and can draw 4800 watt from that one units output? What about the solar, all panels hook up to one units solar input?

Edit: nevermind, I figured it out

Last edited:
parallel units share all the same AC output (that is why you need to link them with the special board, to synchronize the sine waves)
So basically, it does not matter which one is working, you are just pulling power from the AC wire.
for the Pv and battery it depends why you go with this feature instead going with a bigger one.
you could for exemple have an existing installation you just want to upgrade. in that case, you buy another MPPT, another battery, another PV array.
Nice setup since it gives you also full redundancy.
you can also have a battery big enough , so you can connect both MPPT to the same battery (so you use only the inverter section ).
all combination are ok, it i just overkill to buy an all-in-one MPPT if you use only one of the three feature. (and it could create problems).
You can use the device in another way it is made for by cheating with the internal parameters, but i do not think it is a clever way to use it.

Last edited:
Back