diy solar

diy solar

How far can panels be from inverters in a 48v setup.

Hi Tim, so looks like 20amps. I included the panel label below. Also included is a diagram of the set up with where I understand the fuses should go. Look correct? So I need four 20amp fuses for this set up? Sounds like we have similar setups. I also have 6kw of panels going into the two growatts into 2 EG4 batteries. Thinking of buying one more battery actually. Thanks so much again for your help. View attachment 100901View attachment 100902
Only with more than 2 panels/strings in parallel you need fuses.
Not when you combine just 2 to an inverter

Hi Tim, so looks like 20amps. I included the panel label below. Also included is a diagram of the set up with where I understand the fuses should go. Look correct? So I need four 20amp fuses for this set up? Sounds like we have similar setups. I also have 6kw of panels going into the two growatts into 2 EG4 batteries. Thinking of buying one more battery actually. Thanks so much again for your help. View attachment 100901View attachment 100902
Yes, 4 20a fuses. Just like your diagram.

I only use high quality products in a weathered environment.
I don't like call backs, at my expense.

Not the equipment, it can handle anything that the panels can give. But, my house isn't fireproof. (Nicked wires or whatever you would never expect to happen)

Fuses not required.

Fuses not required.
Copied from another thread about fusing solar:

Fuses not required.
Lmao
I think that six of us have said that, now.
But,
It's good to know that most people have learned it.

Back