diy solar

diy solar

How many C's can forklift battery take

That didn't go as planned, all grocery stores in town are out of distilled water. Surprise this town even have loaf of bread in stock some times. Got to wait a week or more to do anymore hitting on them no distilled water, almost couldn't do all what I have done so far cause they haven't had none for awhile, had to drive 300 miles trip to get last batch.

We had "failing" forklift battery at the office. This was coupled with bitching and moaning about how the old propane unit we had was so much better in every way.

They were convinced the battery was dead because the "gauge" would immediately drop to half any time a motor was engaged.

Poor battery needed 15 gallons of water... Dramatic improvement and extended the life two years. Claims of degradation came back... batteries needed 9 gallons of water. Just couldn't get people to maintain it.

We had "failing" forklift battery at the office. This was coupled with bitching and moaning about how the old propane unit we had was so much better in every way.

They were convinced the battery was dead because the "gauge" would immediately drop to half any time a motor was engaged.

Poor battery needed 15 gallons of water... Dramatic improvement and extended the life two years. Claims of degradation came back... batteries needed 9 gallons of water. Just couldn't get people to maintain it.
I have yet to fill it up all the way after a charge, just enough to keep it about half inch to quarter inch above the plates so when I hit them I want to get them warm as possible in these temperatures.

I have yet to fill it up all the way after a charge, just enough to keep it about half inch to quarter inch above the plates so when I hit them I want to get them warm as possible in these temperatures.

Probably worth topping off after your next charge once water is available. The added volume can reduce the SG slightly. Once fully charged and topped off, the SG takes on more meaning in terms of health.

Got a 12 85 31 forklift battery originally was 18 85 31 which is about 2010 AH and was wondering how many amps it needs to keep it happy when charging to prevent sulfation also what the max is. I know lead acid is around .5C but since this has bigger plates I assume it can take/needs more than that.
your battery is a 1275 AH battery.....isnt it? 85 X 15???? If that is the case....127.5 amp to 255 amps

How's that big bastid doing?
Still fighting me and I haven't given up yet, I wait till hottest days 40 degrees and crank up genset to de-sulphate till it times out after 4 hours drinking gallons upon gallons of propane. At this rate I wonder what is cheaper a new battery or so much propane it drinks.

Made 105 degrees today and for the first time the battery seems to have opened up taking in 113A, would of taken more if I had it. Yeah I'm still hammering on it after all this time :ROFLMAO:

welcome back! Glad to hear it's still alive. Most manufacturers will want you to stop charging at 110-120°F.

How is the SG doing?

I've since completely destroyed 4 of my 8 T-1275 due to maintenance neglect (didn't see them for 2 full months), and I had the absorption cycle way too aggressive.

I haz big Lithium battery now... :)

welcome back! Glad to hear it's still alive. Most manufacturers will want you to stop charging at 110-120°F.

How is the SG doing?

I've since completely destroyed 4 of my 8 T-1275 due to maintenance neglect (didn't see them for 2 full months), and I had the absorption cycle way too aggressive.

I haz big Lithium battery now... :)
Don't know yet haven't had time to check since you need to let the battery settle some with no heavy loads pulling and provided I need AC for the freezer to keep up haven't checked. Will check later when fall hits, not like I can do anything with it anyways if it isn't working and if it is it's not killing the battery.
Going to try it again in another few days for giggles to see it will take the amperage, before it wasn't.

I'm glutton for punishment, got a 48V forklift battery on the way now C5 650AH (yeah odd it's rated C5 instead of C6), will use in conjunction with the 24V battery via two systems since I already have the hardware. Turn the 24V inverter off and turn the 48V inverter on and vice versus.

Back