diy solar

diy solar

How many extra cells should I order, to be safe?

RobBehr

Hi Folks, I'm ordering 16 Lishen cells to build a 48-volt battery bank. In his videos, will says to always order extra cells, just in case. So, if I need to 16 good cells, how many extras should I get to make sure I've got enough? Thanks, Rob

Assume a 20% sub par rate when buying non Direct from Manufacturer, assume a 5% failure when buying direct from the manufacturer.

Their are no warranties or returns from any of these sellers on ALiexpress and they will fight you tooth and nail and still not pay up / replace.

Last edited:
If you feel the need to have a spare order 4 more cells and make a 12v for whatever and after a year or whatever time you gain confidence in your batteries then you have the option to either sell 4 cells or just keep using them for a 12v project.

If you feel the need to have a spare order 4 more cells and make a 12v for whatever and after a year or whatever time you gain confidence in your batteries then you have the option to either sell 4 cells or just keep using them for a 12v project.
Actually, that's what I was thinking, because I'm building a 48-volt system and a separate 12-volt. Considering the price savings, getting screwed on a couple of cells is worth it.

Back