diy solar

diy solar

how many solar panel do i need?

mahdi89

how many 450w solar panel do i need?
1-5kw deye hybrid inverter ( 120A charging/120 Discharging) (attached pdf)
2-10 hours of sun per day
3-300ah 48v lifepo4 battery
4- i will use a max of 15 A of current
and how i should connect theme? in series and parallels? please help

Attachments

• 【b】hybridinvertersun-3.6-5k-sg0103lp1-eu_3.pdf
    301.5 KB · Views: 3
i will use a max of 15 A of current

Is this on the AC side or DC side?

Hypothetically, suppose you run the battery to 50% overnight. To charge this back up within 10 hours (not counting your load during the day) you need a minimum generation of around 7kWh - or two panels give or take. To do it in 5 hours, double it. In 2.5, double again: 8 panels or 3.6kW. Your charge controller can handle 6kW, so you can add more if needed.

Your MPPT can handle up to 425V in the MPPT range, so put as many in series as possible (500V Voc maximum, so make sure you don't exceed this) to save on cable expenses. That said, you're working with very high voltages at this point, so make sure you know what you're doing, or hire a pro. In your case, I would recommend you hire a pro since you had to ask. At these voltages, you don't want to make a mistake.

15A in AC
am in low budget that's why i don't want to hire a pro
i understand electricity am just bad at calculation
there is no need to put them in parallels?
i was thinking of 5*5*5
(5 panels in series) *3(parallel)
what do you think ?

You can make whatever configuration you want, as long as you don't exceed the max. input on the MPPT controller. So if 5*5*5 works for you and the MPPT, go for it. Also, as soon as you have more that 2 strings in parallel, make sure you fuse every string.

You can make whatever configuration you want, as long as you don't exceed the max. input on the MPPT controller. So if 5*5*5 works for you and the MPPT, go for it. Also, as soon as you have more that 2 strings in parallel, make sure you fuse every string.
what fuse should i choose? 10A, 20A or 30A?

1-Dear if i put them in serial and each pane is 11A thats mean i can use only 11 amps ac?
2- will putting them in parallel make them charge the battery faster?

What you have to understand is that the MPPT is a power converter, power out = power in (- a small amount for conversion efficiency).

So if you have 10A at 250V going in (2,500W) from the panels then coming out at 48V will be 2,500/48 = 52A into the battery/driving the inverter.

Arrange your panels in the longest strings you can without going over the maximum input voltage of your MPPT (add up the OC voltages of the panels), if you parallel strings they obviously must be of the same number and type of panels.

Back