diy solar

diy solar

How much power in AC Coupling can be connected to the GEN port of a Deye Sun 8k Inverter?

If grid drops and GT power too much for inverter to absorb the Sol-Ark immediately opens generator relay to dump GT inverter. It also has option for additional load dump.

Deye and Sol-Ark has a lot more HV DC capacitor storage. I know the 8k models have fourteen 1000 uF HV DC caps. That is about 14x more than the normal Chinese HF inverters like MP solar, etc. Still not a large amount to absorb a large overload but enough to give it some time to take protective action.

Yes. But do not forget there is one inverter/rectifier and one battery_charger/discharger in the inverter.
And both components need time to change its function too (from inverter to rectifier ... and from battery discharger to charger).

I'm actually looking into whether Hoymiles export management can be used to limit the kW of a string when runing off-grid (I have an "overpaneled" system that has inverters that are sized to avoid clipping).

Dropping this in here in case anyone on the thread has tried this, investigated it, or are interested in the future. If I find out anything I will be happy to forward it along.

hello everyone, I wanted to know if you have the end of the story. I would like to know the maximum power of the gen port in ac coupling

8000 W.

Btw. Holy Necro Batman! ;)
hello, Thank you for your answer, the answer I got from deye is that you should not exceed the total power of the inverter.
my installation already has the mppt at max (10400wc), but I wanted to add 6kwc panels to the gen port. So if anyone can confirm your answer or contradict it that would be great.
Thanks again.

Back