diy solar

diy solar

How reliable are the (affiliate) links on his youtube?

brandnewb

Going for serious. starting as newb
I saw a recent youtube video from DIY solar with Will Prouse linking to

But when I asked them how reliable their listing was I got this weird response;
Code:
Yesterday 17:49
Production Information
4PCS VariCore 3.2V 280Ah lifepo4 battery DIY 12V 280AH Rechargeable battery for Electric car RV Solar Energy Golf Cart TAX FREE
US $445.40
Read
Dear Customer:
         Hello welcome to your visit. The store sells pure batteries and chargers. Pure batteries are special products. The transportation and update will be slow. Please don't worry about the safe transportation of the package. We will send it as soon as possible after placing the order. If you have any questions, please contact us in time. Due to the difference in time and working hours, the response speed may be slow. After seeing the information, we will deal with it immediately. We accept your feedback and improve various issues.
All products are in stock, you can order by yourself.
I wish you a happy life and a happy family.
Shop link:https://entemple.aliexpress.com/store/1874160
Logistics query: https://www.17track.net/zh-cn#nums=&fc=0
I am looking to purchase  280Ah Stud 4pcs
Read
can you guearantee that they are new and will meet the advertised specifications?
Read
08:16
hello?
Read
10:05
Dear friends:
       Hello, this battery is Class B
thanks
19:37
that is not what I asked, I asked if it will meet the advertised specifications?

Now how can I interpret both the fact he is refering to this kind of seller and the response in it self?

Yeah very typical of that seller. They have fantastic prices but it's a mixed bag what you will get. About half of my orders are pulling their capacity. But for the price, not bad. Check out my more recent videos with this companies batteries.

One thing you'll find with Aliexpress vendors, many of them but not all, is they can be reliable for a while but then they get a chance to sell you some cheaper goods for the same price they'll do it. I've seen it many times with foreign companies that conract for manufacture, all goes well for an order or two then the OEM substitutes cheaper parts and the business really has no recourse. There's a great book, "Cheaply Made in China", by a guy who spent 20. years connecting foreign companies with Chinese contractors, very informative.

Personally, last year I ordered some cells from a vendor recommended in one of Will's videos and got junk from them, not the prime cells Will had received. No blame on Will, that's how things go with Aliexpress, you take your chances.

In the last month I've bought 48 large cells, all perfect, all matched, but from a vendor with US stock and great reviews here on the site. You have to make sure that the reviews are very current, and ignore the "reviews" on Aliexpress, they're meaningless, too easily manipulated.

safe bet here @Amy Zheng - free shipping from Houston, Tx, ordered 16 and picked up local, joe.
good reviews here - https://diysolarforum.com/threads/review-of-eve-lf280-cells-from-docan-technology.28951/

safe bet here @Amy Zheng - free shipping from Houston, Tx, ordered 16 and picked up local, joe.
good reviews here - https://diysolarforum.com/threads/review-of-eve-lf280-cells-from-docan-technology.28951/
any chance one knows of an EU warehouse as well? @Amy Zheng can you refer me perhaps?

can you guarantee that they are new and will meet the advertised specifications?
Read
08:16
hello?
Read
10:05
Dear friends:
Hello, this battery is Class B
thanks
19:37
that is not what I asked, I asked if it will meet the advertised specifications?[/CODE]
One clarification, the seller did answer what you asked (surprisingly forthright actually, compared to the norm on AliB of calling everything Grade A), you just didn't understand what they were telling you.

You asked whether the battery meets spec. The seller told you they are Grade B cells. Grade B cells by definition are out of spec in one or more areas, or did not meet some testing criteria.

Lost in translation indeed as one mentioned earlier in this thread. I still can't shake the feeling though that they are less than honorable sellers and given half the chance they will not engage in any complaint based on their listing specs. But that is speculation on my part I'll admit

Back