diy solar

diy solar

How Renogy customer service mislead me to buy an unneeded item...

Sincerely apologize for your experience. Could you provide your ticket number or more information so that we could contact customer service team to remedy this? Many thanks.
Can you explain this SCAM on your website: "All orders are shipped FREE - directly to your door". I tried to order solar panels today on your anniversary sales and shipping is added and it is $275. I can just go there and pick it up if your don't honor your advertisement on your website.

1655868918755.png

When I bought the Rover 60, I saw a RJ45 connector on it as well and got curious, so I contacted Renogy customer to ask and was told by their representative, very clearly (I have that in email), that the Rover 60 only works with BT-1 and that I'd have to purchase that as well in order to control it from my phone, and so I did.

Yesterday, as part of purchasing three Renogy (none-BT) batteries as well, I also purchased BT-2 for these batteries. I got curious again and connected the BT-2 to the RJ45 on the Rover 60 and what do you know?! the BT-2 actually does work with the Rover 60!

So, now I could buy the Hub to connect the DCC50S, the Rover and the batteries in one connection to the DC Home app, but I'm stuck with an extra device, the BT-1, that I don't really need, and that I purchased only because Renogy customer service gave me the wrong information.

My advise- don't trust them. Check for yourselves, come here.
Or, if you have the budget for it- go Victron...
Look at their advertisement on their website.
1655869069250.png
I tried to order solar panels and they want to charge $275 for shipping and also want you to buy $22.75 Route Shipping Protection. Most likely they will ship you a damaged item if you don't buy the shipping protection.

Last edited:
Look at their advertisement on their website.
View attachment 99556
I tried to order solar panels and they want to charge $275 for shipping and also want you to buy $22.75 Route Shipping Protection. Most likely they will ship you a damage item if you don't buy the shipping protection.

This is a typical scam company and you have been cheated
Typical scam company and you have been cheated do not seem to apply to this situation. A mistake is not being cheated IMHO. It's a mistake. There were several made in this situation.

Back