diy solar

diy solar

How to charge the Bluetti/Poweroak EB1500 whilst on the road. DC CHARGING ENHANCER (D050S)??

atvuornf

So, I've bought the eb1500, I can charge at home and charge with solar.

What happens when your on the move, how do you charge from the vans 12v system. I have a 180amp alternator (Sprinter).

Any advice would be welcomed.

I've just found mention of this DC charger, is this what I need to charge my EB1500 whilst on the road.

DC CHARGING ENHANCER (D050S)​

Last edited:
I hope this helps others, I just had a email from Poweroak China.

"Thanks for being interested in our new products. Of course, it can to be used to charge EB150, but it's estimated to be released in the next year in UK. You can follow up our official websites to get the latest updates of the product"

Looks like this is what I/we need to charge whilst on the road?

This might work for you temporarily. Would be limited by how fast your wall charger works which is about 165w unless they upgraded them since I bought mine.

This might work for you temporarily. Would be limited by how fast your wall charger works which is about 165w unless they upgraded them since I bought mine.
I received an EB150 two weeks ago from Maxoak in the U.S. Input from the wall charger was about 210w. The charger has a fan that runs constantly.

Yes, I confirm also that my wall charger inputs 216w constantly, (220-240v) UK voltage, I've also bought the DC050S which inputs about 119w, which I'm trying to improve by direct connection to battery.

My D050S blew the original fuse after a week or so of sporadic use connected to cig lighter outlet at rear of my sprinter van. I thought oh well it might be a fluke, but it worked briefly, then blew the replacement fuse shortly after. Bluetti is sending a new charge cable for it, but I have a feeling it may be the unit. I don’t think it’s the Sprinter cig outlet, I ran the original charge unit that came with the ac200max off the cig lighter outlet on the other side regularly, then swapped, no issues. 103-115 watts at idle typically out of both units when the D050S was working.
It was $150 on sale from 199, I’ll ask for a refund or replacement if the new cable doesn’t remedy the issue.
Any others having problems with the D050S?

Last edited:
Back