diy solar

diy solar

How to configure comunication using Growatt spf5000es with EG4 48V LLV2 full rack and Lifepo4 48V full rack.

Billybob16

Hi everyone. This week I'm adding a full rack of 48V EG4 LLV2 batteries to an existing rack of 48V Lifepo4 batteries. I have 4 growatt spf5000es inverters powering 2 off grid homes and solar assistant monitoring.

My question is how to set up BMS comunication with the growatt spf5000es inverters using the 2 different battery racks? Can I make this work under LI setting given current software? Dip Switch settings? If not what about software upgrade? Or do I have to go to user defined and if so what are the recommendations for setting user defined?

The battery racks are paralled using 4/0 cables to rack busbars then 4/0 to +/- distribution buss bars to inverters using 2/0 cable.

My existing rack of lifepo4 and 3 inverters have been Li communicating and running a single off grid home for almost a year, now adding 4th inverter, 2nd home, new rack of LLV2 batteries and additional PV. Inverters are AC connected with an additional future 35KW generator for backup...that's another wiring discussion for later?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill

Back