diy solar

diy solar

How to Connect Delta Pro to Electrical Box & Gas Generator to Delta Pro A/C To Recharge

geobuild

Hi All,

I’m about ready to pull the trigger on purchasing an Ecoflow Delta Pro with four 335W solar panels. I have a 4000W gas generator for backup. I have an off-grid cabin, three-season use, with the interior unfinished at this point. I was going to wire 120V outlets, lights and switches to a small electrical box.

I’ll run the solar panel cables into the cabin to the Delta Pro. I’m not sure how to send power from the gas generator to the A/C connection on the Delta Pro. I have 50’ 30A power cord for the generator.

Also, I can’t figure out how to connect the 30 amp or 20 amp sockets on the Delta Pro to the electrical panel. I looked at manual transfer switches but they’re for a grid-tied system to switch to backup generator. Any suggestion will be appreciated, I would prefer not running extension cords from the Delta Pro.

Thanks!

People typically install a breaker in their panel and wire it to an inlet box with the proper receptacle for the cord they want to run. In your case, you'd get a 30A 120V cable and use an input box like this to plug the Ecoflow into:

Switching on the breaker allows power into the panel from the unit, whether it is the Ecoflow or the generator. If you were on grid, you'd heed an interlock which forces you to shut off the main breaker prior to activating the generator input breaker, making it mechanically impossible to have both on at the same time. Since you're off grid, you don't need an interlock since there would be no incoming utility power. You should be able to plug the generator directly into the back of the Ecoflow using a standard extension cord for charging.

As far as I know, there's no way to feed an electrical panel from an Ecoflow without using a cord from the unit.

Last edited:
People typically install a breaker in their panel and wire it to an inlet box with the proper receptacle for the cord they want to run. In your case, you'd get a 30A 120V cable and use an input box like this to plug the Ecoflow into:

Switching on the breaker allows power into the panel from the unit, whether it is the Ecoflow or the generator. If you were on grid, you'd heed an interlock which forces you to shut off the main breaker prior to activating the generator input breaker, making it mechanically impossible to have both on at the same time. Since you're off grid, you don't need an interlock since there would be no incoming utility power. You should be able to plug the generator directly into the back of the Ecoflow using a standard extension cord for charging.

As far as I know, there's no way to feed an electrical panel from an Ecoflow without using a cord from the unit.
Thank you for the help....... After reading your post I looked at RV setups too and I understand your suggestion. Now I just have to wait for delevery of the Ecoflow and panels!

You would need an adapter to change the blade style coming out of the Ecoflow to match the cable going into the input box feeding the breaker...something like this:

Hi All,

I’m about ready to pull the trigger on purchasing an Ecoflow Delta Pro with four 335W solar panels. I have a 4000W gas generator for backup. I have an off-grid cabin, three-season use, with the interior unfinished at this point. I was going to wire 120V outlets, lights and switches to a small electrical box.

I’ll run the solar panel cables into the cabin to the Delta Pro. I’m not sure how to send power from the gas generator to the A/C connection on the Delta Pro. I have 50’ 30A power cord for the generator.

Also, I can’t figure out how to connect the 30 amp or 20 amp sockets on the Delta Pro to the electrical panel. I looked at manual transfer switches but they’re for a grid-tied system to switch to backup generator. Any suggestion will be appreciated, I would prefer not running extension cords from the Delta Pro.

Thanks!
I actually have the exact same setup but with a Titan Solar Generator and use a 30 amp automatic transfer switch wired for the "shore power" to come from the gas generator and the Titan is the "inverter". I added a seperate AC plug to my electrical box that is only powered by the "shore power" so when I am powering everything from the Titan it does not try to charge itself. When I am on generator/shore power the AC charger will still charge the Titan up automatically as well. This setup has worked flawlessly for almost for 2 years.

2107D853-EB20-46E2-A7CF-DC8DDDB37503_1_105_c.jpeg

43CF4FF5-48DA-4CEA-A46F-18502D6AA7E9_1_105_c.jpeg

F62A47D3-878A-42F5-96CA-8FD56F43280D_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
You would need an adapter to change the blade style coming out of the Ecoflow to match the cable going into the input box feeding the breaker...something like this:

Thanks Browse!

I actually have the exact same setup but with a Titan Solar Generator and use a 30 amp automatic transfer switch wired for the "shore power" to come from the gas generator and the Titan is the "inverter". I added a seperate AC plug to my electrical box that is only powered by the "shore power" so when I am powering everything from the Titan it does not try to charge itself. When I am on generator/shore power the AC charger will still charge the Titan up automatically as well. This setup has worked flawlessly for almost for 2 years.

View attachment 88744

View attachment 88743

View attachment 88741
Thank you for the info! I created a diagram from your desctiption and photos what I think is the layout but I don't understand how the Delta Pro will be recharged from the generator, that is where to plug it in. Also, I don't see your electrical box so I'm unsure where that fits in.

Attachments

• Cabin.Electric.Diagram.pdf
    655 KB · Views: 39
I think you just plug the Delta pro into any wall outlet and it will recharge while the generator is providing power to the house.

Thank you for the info! I created a diagram from your desctiption and photos what I think is the layout but I don't understand how the Delta Pro will be recharged from the generator, that is where to plug it in. Also, I don't see your electrical box so I'm unsure where that fits in.
57F94EFA-C964-472F-8E82-00FAB8EFCE09_1_105_c.jpeg96608B74-B218-4534-AB87-EBA9BE602C51_1_105_c.jpeg

I think you just plug the Delta pro into any wall outlet and it will recharge while the generator is providing power to the house.

You can plug it into any wall outlet but you have to remember to unplug the AC charger every time you switch from gas generator to solar generator. I wired a dedicated outlet to just the gas generator side of the automatic transfer switch that has the AC charger for my Titan plugged in to it all the time. This keeps the AC charger from trying to charge the Titan when the gas generator is not running since that dedicated outlet is unpowered when the gas generator is off. It is a completely foolproof system that works well. Hope the pictures above provide some clarity.

You can plug it into any wall outlet but you have to remember to unplug the AC charger every time you switch from gas generator to solar generator. I wired a dedicated outlet to just the gas generator side of the automatic transfer switch that has the AC charger for my Titan plugged in to it all the time. This keeps the AC charger from trying to charge the Titan when the gas generator is not running since that dedicated outlet is unpowered when the gas generator is off. It is a completely foolproof system that works well. Hope the pictures above provide some clarity.
I've been up at the cabin...... TY for your additional response, I understand now...... Solar panels are on their way from the west coast. May will be BUSY!! Thanks again.

Any updates on this as I am interested in this type of setup as well, especially the way wjm has his set up.

My generator runs to a 30 amp RV transfer switch.

The inverter is shore power and the generator is generator power. If you hook a battery charger up to any outlet obviously your battery charger would then use inverter power to try and charge the batteries. This is a neat concept called overunity and will help humanity solve the energy crisis one day but for now we are bound by the laws of physics.

So, I just pick up the ac connection coming into the transfer switch from the generator. I then installed a 15 amp push button style breaker for a compressor motor in the RV transfer switch box then this connects to the battery charger. You'll want to properly fuse/breaker this output otherwise you have full generator power (30+ amps) available on 14-12 gauge wire.

Back