diy solar

diy solar

how to decide which breakers and cables/wires you need for off-grid system based on the components you have ?

Abdurrahman

Hello everybody, I am a new member here, just registered now, but being a reader since a long time ..

I am new to solar systems, and electricity in general, and I live in a country where we have just one hour of electricity a day, yes you read that right ! or you have to pay like 500USD a month for 12 hours a day of private generator electricity, and 500USD is like a whole year salary here, so solar power was the only solution I can go with, thank you mother nature and thank you technology.
sorry for the long introduction, here is my question and help request :

I have 8 Trina 505W Panels rated at :
Vmp 43V Voc 51.9V | Imp 11.75A Isc 12.35A (all mounted in series on a single string)

Growatt SPF5000es rated at 5KW | 10KVA Surge Power | 6KW Max PV Array Power | 450VDC Max PV Array Open Circuit Voltage | 80A Charge Current |

Customized 48V 400AH LiFePO4 battery bank (51.2V, two 200AH banks in parallel)

note that the distance between the Pv array and inverter is 30 meters approximately, the distance between the inverter and the battery bank is just 1 meter, now here is my questions :

What cables do I need in terms of materials and thickness ?

What and how many AC/DC breakers do I need ?

What about Earthing ? what do I need for it to protect my system from lightnings ? what cable and what ground pole ?

I hope this thread will be a great help for people in the future, thanks in advance everybody

Attachments

• Trina VertexDE18M(II) 505W.pdf
    508.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
and here is the inverter's datasheet (I couldn't attach two PDFs in the thread)

Attachments

• Growatt SPF3000:5000es Inverter.pdf
    8 MB · Views: 0
Back