diy solar

diy solar

how to get BMS Communication between SOK & Sigineer working?

hotnoob

i just got 2x SOK 48v 100AH batteries. coming from FLA; the wife beat the FLAs into... an early death... and 5 weeks of solid nonstop dark clouds sure didnt help...

i have 2x sigineer M3000H-48LV-3KW hybrid inverters

anywho; the SOK documentation is a bit... you know.
and when i got the signeer inverter, i think sigineer or somewhere said i could only use sigineer lithium batteries with them...
their batteries are over 2x the price of SOK. so no.

the sigineer appears to be using a very common style / firmware ect..
in the manual for the sigineer, it lists 100 "lithium protocols" for selection.
i tired protocol number 2, and it worked on one unit... but wouldnt share the info with the 2nd inverter. i have 2 in parallel.
and then after a few restarts, it stopped all together...
the way to tell that the BMS is working on the sigineer units, acording to the manual... is... it wont turn on if it doesnt...
so im not sure if that was just a bug or something from switching to FLA to Lithium settings.

anyone have a similar setup with bms running?

---
i think i'll eventually be getting new hybrid inverters anyways in the long run... the sigineer ones have some... annoying bugs... and i dont think they do firmware updates or anything like that. or so they told me.

nevermind!
i got it. got an idea while writting this, and litterally 30 seconds after i think i got it.
not documented.
still using protocol "L02"

rj45 cable inbetween the two inverters via the rs485 expansion port.
and rj45 cable between the master battery rs485 port and any of the bms ports.

works... and then i just gotta hope that the rs485 daisy chains if someone were to add a 3rd inverter in parallel ect..
well it turns on... who knows if its actually doing it's BMS communication stuff... :p

and oops; some sunlight now and the inverters appear to not want to charge more than 5 amps >.<
might have to skip the bms :S

Back