How to get OrionJr2 CANBUS working with Sol-Ark?

Anyone have luck getting OrionJr2 BMS talking with Sol-Ark over CANBUS?

It has taken me a year since the cells were delivered for me to get everything together but I am finally in the last stages of building a 32 cell 48V battery and Sol-Ark's website listed the Orion BMS on their site as one they support communication (although they qualified it by saying it was untested).

I bought an OrionJr2 and wired it up and its working great but I would like to get the communication going. I searched Sol-Ark's battery comms document but did not find anything either. It appears there are many options for battery types, 00, 01, 02 etc in the Sol-Ark menu and I haven't a clue where to start on either end of this CANBUS network. Orion JR 2 Control Utility software has pre-made CANBUS profiles you can choose from. I reached out to both Sol-Ark and Ewert Energy and will update this thread.

I am sorry if this has been covered somewhere but I searched for a while before posting.
Appreciate the help and hope this thread may be able to help someone in the same boat someday.

Lamar32

Hey Chris how are you im doing a orion Bms jr 2 with the Solark 12k inverter as well we are using 8 tesla model S modules for a diy battery i had a quwstion for u how did u wire up the Orion BMS jr2 to the inverter what signals are u using to trigger contactors and charge thank u any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220706_190021.jpg
    20220706_190021.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 6

Ampster

Renewable Energy Hobbyist
Orion tech support might be willing to work with SolArk to develope the specific words that the CANBUS needs for them to talk. I know Orion has worked with Schneider and various EV chargers. I was unable to get Outback to work on such a project for my Outback Skybox. The contactor works.