diy solar

diy solar

How to get the most out of my panels

billiam

I need advice on my setup plz. Im 75 years . My first time here. Decent with 120v,240v, no solar exp.Have 7 300w solar panels on my garage roof.I bought 7 because i thought I read that a blu AC 200 max could take 2100w. 300wx7=2100w. 7 panels grounded to rack,grounded to earth. 10 ga. Copper stranded 125 feet to cutoff switch on outside of house. Through wall and into my ac200max +2 b230s. 10 circuit Reliance transfer switch wired into my grid panel per instructions.Plan to hook panels (OCV=45v) ( SCC=8.74) 3p series=135 v,3p series=135v. 2 strings parallel =17.4a total = 135 volts /17.4 amps =2349 watts
Panels are used and I will have some shading at times. Just ordered the Bluetti Do50s charging enhancer. 200 Max can take 1400 W with D050s . I live in georgia, do I have to eliminate some panels or change configuration to lower my input or because of winter temps ? ? Would it help if I bought another d050 and charged a B230 with each D050? this old brain is about fried thinkin on this dilemma. Wife keeps asking when, when when...and I dont have an answer..Thank yall for any advice...

I am having a hard time digging out your specifications and proposed setup from your post.

7- 300w panels list:
Voc
Vmp
Imp

Blu AC 200 Max list:
Max solar Voc
Max solar amperage

Typically when you have a odd number of panels they are connected in series. This adds up the voltage while the amperage stays the same. For parallel connection you might have to decrease the number of panels in order to properly balance things out.

The question is can your device handle 7 times the Voc of your panels?

Plan to hook panels (OCV=45v)
Max solar Voc
I think max input voltage is 450Voc
So 7 in series (45Voc x 7) = 315V so plenty of room even with temp compensation.

But with possible shading, it may make more sense to get an 8th panel and put 4 panels in series (4S string) in one shaded/unshaded spot and 4 panels in another spot. Then connect the 2 4S strings in parallel. This will let the 4 panel strings operate independently of the other in terms of shading.

Last edited:
I am having a hard time digging out your specifications and proposed setup from your post.

7- 300w panels list:
Voc
Vmp
Imp

Blu AC 200 Max list:
Max solar Voc
Max solar amperage

Typically when you have a odd number of panels they are connected in series. This adds up the voltage while the amperage stays the same. For parallel connection you might have to decrease the number of panels in order to properly balance things out.

The question is can your device handle 7 times the Voc of your panels?
Panels 300w
voc 45 v
vmp36.5
Imp 8.22

ac200max
10v-145v
15amps

Max solar charging is 900 w but with the Do5o charging enhancer( will add 500w) goes to 1400 w in ac200max
Also have 2-b230 external batts (12v-60v-mppt. input 500w max, 10 amp)connected to the ac200max(I can add 500w incoming solar to each of these 230 batts with the D050 charging enhancer.. would have to run more 10ga wire.. I know about series and parallel, I know Im about double on series but I have panels mounte don roof and need to get the best setup I can. I just dont know the "best" way to get the most bang for the buck. and I have to consider outside temps I suppose, Im in ga. Thanks for your help

Back