diy solar

diy solar

How to increase 48/5000/70 victron AC out Manually?

Derk

Hi All

Is it possible to manually increase the AC voltage out on a 48/5000/70 Victron Multi.
My Growatt grid tie inverter is not connecting due to multi output being only 228 volts and I am in Western Australia where 240 volts is required.
Many thanks in advance.

Derk

Do you have loads that will not function on 200+AC? Some electronics are fussy but not many. My Plasma cutter will shut down at 170 volts, I've found that out.
Most loads in N.A. would not know if it was 228 or 245 volts. As one member says watt are watts.
If the volts go down the amps go up to supply the watts needed.
I have a Growatt and would not worry about that. Some days my grid supply is 240 and some times less.

Do you have loads that will not function on 200+AC? Some electronics are fussy but not many. My Plasma cutter will shut down at 170 volts, I've found that out.
Most loads in N.A. would not know if it was 228 or 245 volts. As one member says watt are watts.
If the volts go down the amps go up to supply the watts needed.
I have a Growatt and would not worry about that. Some days my grid supply is 240 and some times less.
Hi Ironman
Thank you for reply.
The grid tie inverter will turn off when the voltage goes down by design as it is a standard grid tie inverter hooked up to my victron multi plus which is part of my stand alone power system.
The Victron manual says the 48/5000/70 multi is capable of 245 volts. I just need to know how to reset it manually because the manual is beyond vague in its instructions.

Ahhh. Grid tied, I did not know. That is going to have to meet the line voltage for sure.

Q-Dog

I saw that one but thank you.
Hamstrung atm over a few volts :(

Hi Q-Dog
I don’t know how to change it manually ... the instructions are beyond vague.
This is why I was asking how to perform the task manually.
I do not have MK3 interface ....
Only have laptop with the appropriate app on it.

What app do you have, and how are you currently connecting to the Multiplus? What does that allow you to do?

The MK3 USB interface used to be the only option to change some of the Multiplus settings. I understand that Victron made some changes to their software so that may no longer be the case. I use Victron Connect and the MK3 USB interface and it would take about 3 seconds to make the change you want to make. There is a link to the MK3 USB interface in the Victron forum thread I linked in post #5 above.

What app do you have, and how are you currently connecting to the Multiplus? What does that allow you to do?

The MK3 USB interface used to be the only option to change some of the Multiplus settings. I understand that Victron made some changes to their software so that may no longer be the case. I use Victron Connect and the MK3 USB interface and it would take about 3 seconds to make the change you want to make. There is a link to the MK3 USB interface in the Victron forum thread I linked in post #5 above.
You need the MK3 adapter to program the inverters
Hi Q-dog
Have MK3 now ... next hurdle is settings in the 48/5000/70 to marry it to the growatt mtl4200.
I have the growsatt manual and frequency shift figures and wanting to know settings for Growatt to connect the units

You need the MK3 adapter to program the inverters
Hi Q-dog
Have MK3 now ... next hurdle is settings in the 48/5000/70 to marry it to the growatt mtl4200.
I have the growsatt manual and frequency shift figures and wanting to know settings for Growatt to connect

I know nothing about the GroWatt, so can't help you there. As for the Victron, download appropriate software for whatever device you are using to connect to the Multi, here:

Back