diy solar

diy solar

How to measure output of grid tie Micro Inverter

just add to them as wanted.. slow growth.
At $0.16/kWh from powerco the ~$200 for roughly 100W solar input plus device is equivalent to 1250kWh.
At roughly 85W of output very poorly assuming 10 hours / day that’s optimistically a 4-year return on investment. Which isn’t real because it will be more like 12 years or more.

Not arguing against it (im ordering a unit) I’m just fascinated with the numbers that still don’t make economic sense to anyone but the sellers.

At $0.16/kWh from powerco the ~$200 for roughly 100W solar input plus device is equivalent to 1250kWh.
At roughly 85W of output very poorly assuming 10 hours / day that’s optimistically a 4-year return on investment. Which isn’t real because it will be more like 12 years or more.

Not arguing against it (im ordering a unit) I’m just fascinated with the numbers that still don’t make economic sense to anyone but the sellers.
under stood . i payed 70 for the panel and 33 i think for the micro inverter and mind you it does not produce power for that 10 hours. its starts with low wattage in the morning and goes up till mid afternoon then back down till dark. should last me 10 15 years and the price of electric here went up 9.6 % this year.. i am going off grid.. that was just a piece of things i am trying. doing wind and a 8k growatt .. and odd note here sunnyboy sma makes a nice microinverter and it is ul 1741 approved . they can be had for very little used. i picked up 6 for 30 a piece.. BUY USEDsunny-boy_240-us.png

note here sunnyboy sma makes a nice microinverter and it is ul 1741 approved . they can be had for very little used. i picked up 6 for 30 a piece
So I thought other components are needed for those to work? And proprietary cables?
Amazon has a listing for them at $40 but they apparently need a particular controller and programming.
Do you have a way to utilize them without the other SMA components?

So I thought other components are needed for those to work? And proprietary cables?
Amazon has a listing for them at $40 but they apparently need a particular controller and programming.
Do you have a way to utilize them without the other SMA components?
there is a set of cables that go from one to the next in series and i have not tried them out yet they are 220volt so when i find the cable and learn more.. programming i will check that . thanks for the info. i was going to treat them like these other microinverters now i will think a bit on that.. grin

Mine worked great for 2 months (120 Watt GMI 120L) then the AC fuse fried. I am getting 2 sets of replacement parts and fuses for $15 but I need to solder them on! I guess your results may vary. ROI is over 600 Days now with full sun so I doubt I'll ever see any savings but it is sill fun!

This post is only slightly relevant to your problem but it is worth knowing about.
I have been testing out a meter that records imported and exported KWh.
It seems to be doing this job and also displays Amps, grid voltage.
It also acts as a switch that responds to a WiFi signal via an App.
The pictures show the 'manual' - both sides.

Attachments

• WiFi Switch-meter-2.jpg
    WiFi Switch-meter-2.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 6
  • WiFi Switch-meter-1.jpg
    WiFi Switch-meter-1.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 6
Back