diy solar

diy solar

How to pull data from Growatt SPF 5000TL HVM-WPV?

bhathiya

Hi all,

I have a Growatt SPF 5000TL HVM-WPV inverter. I already have set up the mobile app and it works fine.

I would like to be notified when certain events occur. For example, when the primary input changes, say from battery to grid.

But the app doesn't support such alert notifications. Is there a way I can do that? I can take care of the notification part if there is a way I can access the events/data. Is there a way I can get such access to inverter events/data? Probably through the datalogger (wifi) or via an online API/service?

Thanks,
Bhathiya

Solar assistant can take the inverter data from usb inverter. (I use it with SPF5000ES). You can see "instant" data from the inverter remotely in web browser with 1-4s delay.
You have to check with other people if the TL-HVM variant is supported by SolarAsssistant (usb inverter data is identical with ES variant)

For notifications you need some automation system like HomeAssistant or OpenHAB (highy configurable, speaking any sensor language by rhe help on "bindings").
I integrated Solar Assistant data in OpenHAB few days ago.

Solar assistant can take the inverter data from usb inverter. (I use it with SPF5000ES). You can see "instant" data from the inverter remotely in web browser with 1-4s delay.
You have to check with other people if the TL-HVM variant is supported by SolarAsssistant (usb inverter data is identical with ES variant)

For notifications you need some automation system like HomeAssistant or OpenHAB (highy configurable, speaking any sensor language by rhe help on "bindings").
I integrated Solar Assistant data in OpenHAB few days ago.
Hi Radurus... I'm in interested in your set up. Please kindly provide links and or guidelines. I've been using Shinephone but would like to set up the alerts via Solar assistant.

Solar assistant would not provide you any alerts.
It is just it puts inveetor data on home assistant protocol over the network or MQTT protocol.

You need to decide which way you will go.
I chose OpenHab because I have more than 10 sonoff basic with Tasmota software (which speaks MQTT), and I had a tentative for OpenHab few years ago.
I cannot offer info about HomeAssistant.

For OpenHab you need a computer running an operating sistem (macos, linux, windows, synology...), SBC (single board computer) like RaspberryPi (3 or 4) is recommended because it is low power, and for this one it exists Openhabian image file.
For other SBC you need to have a running operating system and you will install OpenHab.

There are forums for support and guide how to do different things.

Inside OpenHab v3 there is a software code Blockly (visual) where you can run logic to use different data and trigger actions.

The version 2 of OpenHab works with RedNode on the same way.
RedNode is no more supported by v3 but now there ia Blockly instead.

Back