diy solar

diy solar

How to Safely short Daly BMS 100amp to reset

Solarfan65

Got new LiFePo 100 aH 12 V 4S battery with a Daly BMS attached. When testing the Voltage from B- to Positive I get 12.9 V. When I check the Voltage from P- to Positive its like 3.1 V. This should be like 12.9 V ... Bluetooth on BMS not working. So reseting with I Phone through APP not an option. Was told to reset that I should put a small load on the battery using P- and positive , Then have a leed to connect P- to B- creating a short to trick the Daly BMS into reseting itself. Can anyone confirm. I am so excited to build my solar battery box . Just need to get past this BMS issue

No load should be necessary.

1617309065225.png

Ok I attempted to short P- to B- still only getting 3.21 out of Daly BMS. I did direct connect to my 1200 watt pure sine inverter bypassed the BMS. Inverter works and powers up just fine. Please advise

Attachments

• E6A380A1-C95A-4BA8-8B2D-CFB0C5273195.jpeg
    E6A380A1-C95A-4BA8-8B2D-CFB0C5273195.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 18
  • CB1F1AE2-F9C9-48C9-876A-0B5ADE1FB37B.jpeg
    CB1F1AE2-F9C9-48C9-876A-0B5ADE1FB37B.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 16
If you have the smart BMS from Daly, you can wake up the Bluetooth by charging the battery.
Charge with more than 2 amps.

Wrong wiring of the balance wires can destroy your BMS. Did you first check the voltages on the balance plug before inserting into the bms?

Got new LiFePo 100 aH 12 V 4S battery with a Daly BMS attached. When testing the Voltage from B- to Positive I get 12.9 V. When I check the Voltage from P- to Positive its like 3.1 V. This should be like 12.9 V ... Bluetooth on BMS not working. So reseting with I Phone through APP not an option. Was told to reset that I should put a small load on the battery using P- and positive , Then have a leed to connect P- to B- creating a short to trick the Daly BMS into reseting itself. Can anyone confirm. I am so excited to build my solar battery box . Just need to get past this BMS issue
If your wiring is correct connect the balance cable do not connect the -P and -B, check the voltage if not the same on -P and -B apply charge 14.4v and min 2A as somebody posted .Negative -P, positive to positive of the main battery terminal. This should do the trick, if the BMS is not damage. This should turn on your Bluetooth as well. Make sure on your phone you turn on the location otherwise it is not gonna show the device. I hope this help, it did work for me.

Back