diy solar

diy solar

How to turn on daly smart bms without lightboard?

Just about the best I have is the learning center section of my website, it may have what you need. https://www.currentconnected.com/learning-center/lc-stor/bms/daly-bms/
This is an amazing resource, thank you so much for putting it together. I had been beating my head against the wall for a full day and was on the verge of throwing my Daly in the trash until I followed your step-by-step activation instructions and now I am golden. FYI, activation method that worked for me was plugging the USB UART cable into a phone charger. Thanks!

This is an amazing resource, thank you so much for putting it together. I had been beating my head against the wall for a full day and was on the verge of throwing my Daly in the trash until I followed your step-by-step activation instructions and now I am golden. FYI, activation method that worked for me was plugging the USB UART cable into a phone charger. Thanks!
So glad to hear. We will continue to grow our learning center as much as I have time to write the articles.

I realized today another amazing article is something simple as LiFePO4 charge parameters for the EPEVER solar MPPT controller. A document like this will save our tech support team a bunch of time digging for the info each time a customer asks. The point is to help out and get the information people need to the people. Glad it worked out for you.

I've been desperately looking through posts here trying to figure out this same question. This is the video that solved it for me - thank you! It was the fact that I hadn't connected the temperature sensor which was my issue. That combined with adding a charge from a power supply is what finally kicked mine into life - thank you!
The adding charge from another source, higher than battery voltage
(solar panel )did it for me

The adding charge from another source, higher than battery voltage
(solar panel )did it for me
That's actually what Daly recommends, however frequently charging sources look for battery voltage and won't supply voltage/current unless the BMS is already turned on (presenting the battery voltage to the charging source). So a lot of people report this as "not working", but it always worked for me when I used a real power supply to "activate" the BMS. It probably works fine for most, they just are unaware of the limitations of their charge source.

Back