diy solar

diy solar

How to turn on daly smart bms without lightboard?

bonsal007

Is it possible to turn on daly smart bms without lightboard. I have 250A 16s 48V daly smart bms. Thanks.

Posted the same issue last night;
It is not consistent here ;-).
The 2 pin method from the link one post up worked this morning, not this evening. Shortening P- and B- didn't work last nicht but worked this evening.
I need to do some more tests ;-).

Walter

Here is a video for how to activate the BMS, in this example no light board was used.

Here is a video for how to activate the BMS, in this example no light board was used.
That doesn't always work, I know, I went thru all of that, tried B- to P-, charging, everything. It would not turn on. That's why I started the thread. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/daly-24v-8s-initiation-and-software.18644/

Also, you should have included how to power the BMS down, too many have locked or fried the Daly BMS by unhooking the B- first. It should be unplug the balance leads first.

I have used many of these BMS units and have never had issues with connecting B- before balance leads or vice versa.

My 16s 60v 60A just took a dump after working for 5 weeks. Shorting b- p- worked once.

I had the impression that shorting B-, P- only works if there is a load connected. I think this is also explained in the video (they need to start the inverter to get the BMS activated, but is not 100% clear).
Anybody who could have the Shorting b- p- do the activation without a load?

Start loading or discharging the batterie it ll activate the bms.

An other way is to short cut 2 pins called key.

Search on the forum you ll find pictures.

I think discharging doesn't work; at least in my test it didn't work (without connected P- and B-).

Walter

IMG_20210510_235447.jpgAfter searching a bunch of threads here, I found my BMS had different ports. The two pins circled above turned mine on. 100amp / 4s / 12v recently arrived from China. So they must have changed the boards again.

Connecting the cables did not work for this BMS, and I spent an hour of frustration figuring it out.

Last edited:
View attachment 48633After searching a bunch of threads here, I found my BMS had different ports. The two pins circled above turned mine on. 100amp / 4s / 12v recently arrived from China. So they must have changed the boards again.

Connecting the cables did not work for this BMS, and I spent an hour of frustration figuring it out.
Thank you! I was wondering which of the two 2-pin plugs was the correct one.

View attachment 48633After searching a bunch of threads here, I found my BMS had different ports. The two pins circled above turned mine on. 100amp / 4s / 12v recently arrived from China. So they must have changed the boards again.

I wish Daly would standardize connectors. They seem to relocate connectors frequently, unlabelled etc.

I wish Daly would standardize connectors. They seem to relocate connectors frequently, unlabelled etc.
Yeah, they have so many iterations and versions of their BMS which is absurd. Feels like they are in a development stage still. For example, I got two of their bluetooth BMSs to test (one 100A and one 60A). The 60A version is a little older and it does not work well with their android app (I cannot turn it ON or OFF through the app) and also it is a little harder to wake up. However, all these quirks are ironed out on their 100A version.

I've been desperately looking through posts here trying to figure out this same question. This is the video that solved it for me - thank you! It was the fact that I hadn't connected the temperature sensor which was my issue. That combined with adding a charge from a power supply is what finally kicked mine into life - thank you!

Back