diy solar

diy solar

How to use the EPEver eBox=WIFI-01, RS-485 to wifi Converter

DixieMtCR

I installed an off grid solar panel system and have it up and running with 6-100w panels and a 40A MPPT charge controller. I would like to monitor the power production. I have a laptop connected to the MPPT CC through a cable and had that running for about a month. Hate to dedicate my lap laptop to a cold spot in the garage. Seams such a waste.

To run a cable from the MPPT CC to my computer office upstairs, it is possible but not expedient. Too much drilling through walls and floors.

O bought a RS-485 to WIFI Converter in hopes to connect to the MPPT CC without cable. THen, I read that it only works with the APP on iOS or Android Great! I hope that one of you can point me to a better solution if there is one. Not very easy to see detailed data on a phone screen. I was using the EPEver Win 10 App to monitor and graph the solar on the laptop. Windows 10.

Looking on Google Play for an app for the connection, none of them call out EPEver, the wifi converter, or any connection possibilities. All of the ones listed have ratings in the 2s. That is very encouraging. WIth as many people getting into solar, it would seem that there would be a good app to use.

I have an MT50 RS485 display and it shows minimal data, no graphs, and saves nothing. Just Monitors.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Ken

As a plumbing contractor dealing with wall and ceiling routing of piping or electrical, it's a no brainer and really doesn't take that much time, if that really is what would make it all work. All you might really need is a few bits, some 12" long. Use them to probe after the first surface is penetrated, so as to not hit vital stuff. Just a suggestion. Plumbing and electrical are generally routed in the shortest route and in inclimate areas, away from outer walls. BD

I installed an off grid solar panel system and have it up and running with 6-100w panels and a 40A MPPT charge controller. I would like to monitor the power production. I have a laptop connected to the MPPT CC through a cable and had that running for about a month. Hate to dedicate my lap laptop to a cold spot in the garage. Seams such a waste.

To run a cable from the MPPT CC to my computer office upstairs, it is possible but not expedient. Too much drilling through walls and floors.

O bought a RS-485 to WIFI Converter in hopes to connect to the MPPT CC without cable. THen, I read that it only works with the APP on iOS or Android Great! I hope that one of you can point me to a better solution if there is one. Not very easy to see detailed data on a phone screen. I was using the EPEver Win 10 App to monitor and graph the solar on the laptop. Windows 10.

Looking on Google Play for an app for the connection, none of them call out EPEver, the wifi converter, or any connection possibilities. All of the ones listed have ratings in the 2s. That is very encouraging. WIth as many people getting into solar, it would seem that there would be a good app to use.

I have an MT50 RS485 display and it shows minimal data, no graphs, and saves nothing. Just Monitors.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Ken
You could try Ethernet over mains power lines.

Back