diy solar

diy solar

How to verify BMS (Daly) is working?

Kind of related; I've disconnected the load wire and the cell wires independently when troubleshooting, as my 48v/200a Daly gave a voltage that was jumping between 0-22v after I disconnected the battery with a Blue Sea switch. It would only start working as intended after I physically disconnected the load wire that's connected to a Victron BMV712 (which also stopped working at the same time, naturally) while battery wire+cell wires were connected. This happened twice in a row yesterday when I was testing a new breaker. Now seems to be WAI

I got some info from Daly to check.
I am having trouble discharging as well. step 7 in the pictures above for me is 14v in first photo and 0.74v through the bms. what does this mean and how can I fix it? thank you

If Daly is not it - then what's the BMS of choice for a 4S 280AH bank with continuous 40 minute runs of 12V/150A inverter load and sometimes surging to 180A? (No suggestions to go to higher voltages, thanks.) I am also looking for a single function BMS, not an expensive inter-communication CANBUS solution (e.g. Victron). Also I am on a budget, up to $200 allocated to BMS. Thanks in advance.

If Daly is not it - then what's the BMS of choice for a 4S 280AH bank with continuous 40 minute runs of 12V/150A inverter load and sometimes surging to 180A? (No suggestions to go to higher voltages, thanks.) I am also looking for a single function BMS, not an expensive inter-communication CANBUS solution (e.g. Victron). Also I am on a budget, up to $200 allocated to BMS. Thanks in advance.
Its my policy to size the bms for the continuous rating of the inverter.
If there is significant pure dc load I factor that as well.
For a 2000 watt inverter with no significant additional pure dc load.
2000 ac watts / .85 conversion factor / 12 volts low cutoff = 196.078431373 amps service current.
196.078431373 amps service current / .8 fuse headroom = 245.098039216 fault current.

In the above scenario the minimum bms requirement is 200 amps continuous.
I would see if jbd makes a smart 4s 200-250 amp bms.

Back