diy solar

diy solar

How to wire 13 Sunpower 435W Panels?

Due to some family emergencies I have not been able to install all 12 panels to the Growatt 5000ES. I have tested individual panels extensively using other small SRNE charge controllers, and I've been very happy with the out put of the panels. I have yet to test in summertime, but expect they will hit very close to or at rated output. For the money I think they are a very good buy.

How is the Growatt SPFf5000 ES and Sun[power E20-435 working for you? I have a pallet of 27 e20-435s on the way,
Have you gotten your panels yet? I purchased 27 of the same panels yesterday. I’m cautiously optimistic about them!

Sorry for the delayed reply I am a newbie to forums and solar I have received my panels the freight company put the forks of the forklift through the bottom panel and dented another one. Somehow I didn't pay attention to the sides of the panels having some damage as I did the one with the glass being shattered and I only marked (1) down as damage on the bill of lading. It wasn't till after the driver left that the evening sun was shining on the side of the stack of panels I noticed one had a pretty good sized dent in the aluminum frame. I did contact go greenman solar the next day and they did not hesitate and said they would replace the two that I had noticed the shattered panel and dented panel. then the other day when I got a chance to do some testing and I seen 3 panels with deepish rub / scratching on the other side of the stack like from a load lock. As for the (10) panels I got a chance to test the short circuit current an open circuit voltage laying flat on the deck of a trailer in Iowa on a sunny end of February day between noon and 1:40 my results were Open Circuit Voltage (Voc) 88v-82.7v and then placing a sheet of plywood over the panel shorting the leads together then uncovering and testing with a Klein Tools CL800 Digital Clamp Meter to take the reading, then re-covering to unplug, my Short Circuit Current (Isc) results for the (10) panels tested was between 4.8A to 4.13A. The two replacement panels shipped via different company is scheduled to be here this afternoon.

Attachments

• 93665429-7BC6-47F1-B7B5-40F58B65DD56.jpeg
    93665429-7BC6-47F1-B7B5-40F58B65DD56.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 11
Sorry for the delayed reply I am a newbie to forums and solar I have received my panels the freight company put the forks of the forklift through the bottom panel and dented another one. Somehow I didn't pay attention to the sides of the panels having some damage as I did the one with the glass being shattered and I only marked (1) down as damage on the bill of lading. It wasn't till after the driver left that the evening sun was shining on the side of the stack of panels I noticed one had a pretty good sized dent in the aluminum frame. I did contact go greenman solar the next day and they did not hesitate and said they would replace the two that I had noticed the shattered panel and dented panel. then the other day when I got a chance to do some testing and I seen 3 panels with deepish rub / scratching on the other side of the stack like from a load lock. As for the (10) panels I got a chance to test the short circuit current an open circuit voltage laying flat on the deck of a trailer in Iowa on a sunny end of February day between noon and 1:40 my results were Open Circuit Voltage (Voc) 88v-82.7v and then placing a sheet of plywood over the panel shorting the leads together then uncovering and testing with a Klein Tools CL800 Digital Clamp Meter to take the reading, then re-covering to unplug, my Short Circuit Current (Isc) results for the (10) panels tested was between 4.8A to 4.13A. The two replacement panels shipped via different company is scheduled to be here this afternoon.

Hi, @MakerMan63 and @Netsua I have just ordered the same 27-panel pallet from GoGreenMan Solar - happy to see it's real! Past experience with eBay used panels had me worried. I hope your installation projects have gone well!

I'm just wondering if you have any advice installing and using these specific SunPower panels? I'm new to DIY solar so I'll be reading the intro material here on diysolarforum. I'm still finalizing the plan for my home installation, so I'm not in any rush, but if you have any immediate warnings or recommendations for compatible mounting HW, inverter/storage systems, etc. specific to these panels, I'd really appreciate any info you can offer. Thanks!

Back