diy solar

diy solar

How will we pay for road maintenance if everyone has an EV and no-one pays gas taxes any more?

Soon you will have a tax added on to shoes because you might walk on the road.
Lol. Shoes are sales taxed!

One, two, three, four
One, two (one, two, three, four)
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
Should five percent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
I'll tax the street
(If you try to sit, sit) I'll tax your seat
(If you get too cold, cold) I'll tax the heat
(If you take a walk, walk) I'll tax your feet
(Taxman)
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
Don't ask me what I want it for
(Ah, ah, Mr. Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more
(Ah, ah, Mr. Heath)
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
Now my advice for those who die (taxman)
Declare the pennies on your eyes (taxman)
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
And you're working for no one but me (taxman)

I see Texas is levying extra taxes on Ev's to make up for lost gas road tax.
And getting pushback for it being "unfair".

The irony that everyone is missing with this...
IF they actually DID spend what they should on Roads & Bridges, then Bridges would not be cracking in half, or having large chunks of concrete fall off them. They would not be just "surfacing" roads to extend them for 2 years, they'd be rebuilding them to last 20 more years...

The existing funds collected also have a funny habit of being redirected to other things that are NOT Roads, Bridges and that level of infrastructure and in some places THAT is the norm. Even worse, most places do not and cannot collect to repair their degraded roadways as they have languished for years under "Austerity" which the most conservative whack-a-doodles push.

Ahhh well, Do you have the Serenity to Accept the things you cannot change & the courage to change the thing you can ?

We could just print more money like we do for the defense budget. The Federal Reserve is a private bank and basically just adds fake digital money to our economy whenever we need more. We (US) spend WAY more than the taxes collected, that's why we are more than 28 trillion dollars in debt, to that private bank. https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Zeitgeist (movie) explains it better than I ever could.

Gold is the money of kings,
Silver is the currency of gentleman,
Debt is currency of slaves.

Secretary Pete is gonna fix it out of federal taxes.
Edit: US President Biden is proposing a new 2t Infrastructure bill. US Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg will access a large chunk of that to repair critical transportation infrastructure. Jobs will be created; income taxes will be collected.

Last edited:
The irony that everyone is missing with this...
IF they actually DID spend what they should on Roads & Bridges, then Bridges would not be cracking in half, or having large chunks of concrete fall off them. They would not be just "surfacing" roads to extend them for 2 years, they'd be rebuilding them to last 20 more years...

The existing funds collected also have a funny habit of being redirected to other things that are NOT Roads, Bridges and that level of infrastructure and in some places THAT is the norm. Even worse, most places do not and cannot collect to repair their degraded roadways as they have languished for years under "Austerity" which the most conservative whack-a-doodles push.

Ahhh well, Do you have the Serenity to Accept the things you cannot change & the courage to change the thing you can ?
Here in communist NYC, they pull in enough taxes ro literally pave the roads in GOLD, and have funds left over.
Where does it go? In political pockets.
Remember the almost Trillon obama gave away to the unions as funding for
"shovel ready jobs"?
That was supposedly to fix infrastructure in 2008. I would bet less than a few hundred million of that was actually used for its intended purpose. And Joey B was the guy they put in charge of that.
They think we are stupid.

Secretary Pete is gonna fix it out of federal taxes.
Edit: US President Biden is proposing a new 2t Infrastructure bill. US Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg will access a large chunk of that to repair critical transportation infrastructure. Jobs will be created; income taxes will be collected.
HAHAHAHAHA.. not a SINGLE democratically run city in america has a budget that is not massively in debt with out of control crime and failing businesses; chicago, new york, los angeles, san jose (ok lots in california,, why do you people keep voting for them??)
For the past 5yrs the democrats have controlled the budget and just lined all their pockets, sigh...

sadly we are exactly following the venezuelan play book "how to destroy a country in 5yrs or less". A couple years back venezuelan inflation rate was over 10000% hehe

I see Texas is levying extra taxes on Ev's to make up for lost gas road tax.
And getting pushback for it being "unfair".
Perhaps if you ran the numbers you would see why it is "unfair" and the attempt to impose it failed.

Roughly $200 fee for 9000 miles. Take a car with bad gas mileage of 25mpg that drives a more typical 12,000 miles/yr. 480 gallons of gas per year. Texas gas tax is 20 cents/mile = $96/yr in state gas taxes. If you have a Prius or hybrid that gets 40mpg+ it is $60/yr.

Here in communist NYC, they pull in enough taxes ro literally pave the roads in GOLD, and have funds left over.
Where does it go? In political pockets.
Remember the almost Trillon obama gave away to the unions as funding for
"shovel ready jobs"?
That was supposedly to fix infrastructure in 2008. I would bet less than a few hundred million of that was actually used for its intended purpose. And Joey B was the guy they put in charge of that.
They think we are stupid
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 had $105.8B for infrastructure not $1T. Of the entire package, tax cuts made up almost $300B. The entire stimulus package was about $800B.

Back