diy solar

diy solar

How would you approach this 150ahr LiFePo4 build?

TimC

WI/UP Border
Edited title to correct battery type...

I'm building a 48v 150ahr LiFePo4 bank with 75aHr Eve cells. I have two 60a, 16S BMSs.

My concern is mostly weight as it will be living in a small, somewhat confined area.

Would you build two 16S 75ahr batteries, each with its own 60a bms and parallel them to make 150ahr? Or would you build one 16S2P battery with one 60a bms? It's essentially the same except for the weight and absence of one bms.

I'll never draw over 1500 watts 120v from the Growatt hybrid inverter. The 16S will weigh about 75lbs. The 16s2p will double that weight.

Your thoughts.

Last edited:
hello!

LPO is an unfamiliar acronym for me.

does this mean "Lithium Polymer"?
does this mean "LTO" or "Lithium Titanate Oxide"?

this information will help people help you☀️?

1) If you expect to relocate the batteries within the near future, or several times over their approx. 10year life then 2 x 75lb is much easier to deal with. Otherwise a single 16S2P is simpler.
2) 2 separate batteries gives you some redundancy if one of the BMS or cells goes bad at least you have 50% of your power available from the other battery. If you have 1 battery, you could keep an extra BMS handy if ever needed and if one cell goes bad you could probably still use the battery but at a reduced capacity until the new cell arrives.
Seems like that about covers it.

hello!

LPO is an unfamiliar acronym for me.

does this mean "Lithium Polymer"?
does this mean "LTO" or "Lithium Titanate Oxide"?

this information will help people help you☀️?
LiFePo4

Sorry for the confusion.

Bentley, thanks for the suggestions. That is what I thought but I'm pretty much a rookie as far as this size battery. I've done 12v LiFePo4 before. Those were just 100ahr and a 24ahr.

Tim

Back