diy solar

diy solar

How would you power 6 POE cameras?

I have 8 of POE cameras installed into a 110 V NVR. It’s the only way I know to wire and view them.

I have 8 of POE cameras installed into a 110 V NVR. It’s the only way I know to wire and view them.
I plan on buying the Wireless Reolink NVR and keeping it inside of my house for 24/7 recording, the Solar charger, batteries and inverters will be outside. Im trying to figure out if you can attach a POE switch that has multiple ports or maybe just get 6 of these USB connectors - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0789BP9ZX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ABTEPSXTTA5JK&psc=1
and find a usb outlet thing.

Those are 12vdc powered. You can also get a 12vdc powered NVR.
Run directly from battery.

NO.. those are just switches with no POE (Power Over Ethernet)

You need a switch that has POE, and don't buy a cheap one, they burn up in a year or two. Spend at least $50 or $60 on it or you'll be buying another one soon.

My BVTech has good reviews on amazon, a good reputation in the security camera forums, and mine has been operating for 4 years now without a hitch.. It has also survived a dozen power outages, generator supplied power, and a couple weeks of off-grid living during those power outages.

What is the difference between the internal and external power supply options listed?

Internal power supplies mean you plug in a pc-style power cord into the back of it for power..

External power supplies means you have another wall-wart to plug in.. and with the more powerful POE switches, the power supply will be more like the brick that comes with a laptop.

Back