how's this look?

starchy

was gonna do a 24v system but turns out the battery manufacturer (bigbattery.com) no longer recommends series connections and it would void my warranty so 12v it is! any glaring issues here before i pull the trigger on some wire and fuse buys? i might run 4/0 wire to the inverter as well per prowse's recommendation (pic from prowse's book).

Attachments

• newdiagram6.png
    newdiagram6.png
    307.1 KB · Views: 33
  • prowseinverter.png
    prowseinverter.png
    36 KB · Views: 33

FilterGuy

What, me worry?
With a 3000W inverter, the current draw will be significantly higher on 12V than on 24V. The inverter current needs to be re-calculated and fuse size needs to be adjusted accordingly. You can look at all the comments on the other thread for how it was calculated for 24V and adapt that for 12V. The wire gauge may also need to be enlarged.

noenegdod

Solar Addict
That's justification for a full refund of the batteries if they do that to you after you make a purchase.
I agree. The stated warranty at the time of purchase needs to remain in effect. If they no longer wish to honor that warranty and require you to change the system to maintain the new terms of the warranty they need to return the battery.

starchy

also, you guys have advise on how to power this smartshunt? (that is, in the event that i don't get a refund) normally you'd just connect it to the positive battery terminal with the included ring terminal but these things have anderson connectors so...

Attachments

• PXL_20211014_201127216.jpg
    PXL_20211014_201127216.jpg
    770.6 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20211014_201142558.jpg
    PXL_20211014_201142558.jpg
    841.9 KB · Views: 5

FilterGuy

What, me worry?
also, you guys have advise on how to power this smartshunt? (that is, in the event that i don't get a refund) normally you'd just connect it to the positive battery terminal with the included ring terminal but these things have anderson connectors so...
Put a 5A fuse in the DC loads box and run the positive to the shunt