diy solar

diy solar

Hoymiles Gridtie MicroInverter (4 panel/box)

Don-B

I recently did an addon to compliment my enphase system w/
2x Hoymiles MI 1200 (4 panel per box, I use total 8x 250w used panel) my model is now a little hard to find since sig solar dc em.
It is the crapier version from the one www.ncsolarelectric.com sell
and found that the system is surprisingly robust.
The micro inverter run pretty darn cool even sitting in 100 degree temp outside.
I just got the data point setup so should be getting daily production result soon but so far everything point to the unit working as intended.
Now I undersize my panel because that's all I have access to at reasonable price point but anyone have experience w/ how these do when push to the limit?
I should prob also ask if anyone else here use these beside I do?

Last edited:
I just pushed one to the limit using a battery. The HM-350NT. Using a dc amp-clamp and an Oscilloscope. At 24Vdc, it output 250W continuously. It draws a sinusoidal input current from the battery that has nearly 30Apk, 15A mean offset, and 18.2 Arms about the mean, with a minimum of 40mAdc. The software reported an input current of 10.4Adc and while 10.4Adc is within the input ratings of the inverter. None of the actual measurements I took are below the 11.5A Max current spec. So I discontinued the test. What I need is a 48Vdc battery. (2 more please!) The temperature reported only got up to 49.2C.

I also confirmed that the $89 SolarEdge WNC-3D-240-MB does NOT communicate with the HM DTU, so it doesn't work for export control. The S/N type is different. The DTU is looking for 10C1, and I think this older meter is set to 1016. At least that is the only 4 digit number on the label.

So if anyone wants to test the zero-export function, it requires the $400 CCS meter WND-WR-MB. Experimenting is pricey!

Just got off the phone with NCSolarElectric.

Anyone know if Hoymiles products are listed and will pass inspection in the US? The datasheets state the following but say that they CONFORM to requirements but not they have certs or listings. Their website claims certs and listings in EU, Poland and Australia, but I haven't verified that.

"Hoymiles microinverter is a PV Rapid Shutdown Equipment and conforms with NEC-2017 and NEC-2020 Article 690.12 and CEC-2021 Sec 64-218

Both models listed are equipped with reactive power control and can meet the requirements of IEEE 1547, UL 1741 and CA Rule21"

Just got off the phone with NCSolarElectric.

Anyone know if Hoymiles products are listed and will pass inspection in the US? The datasheets state the following but say that they CONFORM to requirements but not they have certs or listings. Their website claims certs and listings in EU, Poland and Australia, but I haven't verified that.

"Hoymiles microinverter is a PV Rapid Shutdown Equipment and conforms with NEC-2017 and NEC-2020 Article 690.12 and CEC-2021 Sec 64-218

Both models listed are equipped with reactive power control and can meet the requirements of IEEE 1547, UL 1741 and CA Rule21"

All the certs are on their website. You just need to dig for them, but I've done that for you already. They are UL 1741SA, and FCC approved. California Rule 21 approved as well. UL 1741 is not a "Listing" it is a "certification of compliance", because these are components of a system, not a complete system.

Attachments

• HMS-800-2T-LV_CoFC_80071368_EN.pdf
    153.5 KB · Views: 3
  • HM-1500NT_CoFC_80037988_EN.pdf
    230.8 KB · Views: 2
  • HM-700NT_CoFC_80037987_EN.pdf
    237.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 350NT_CoFC.pdf
    232.2 KB · Views: 2
Ampster posted the following in a different thread:
I’m hoping the hoymiles will work in this scenario. We will see.
If they comply with UL1741SA or CA Rule 21 they have to work. They are on the CEC list for California so they must be able to be AC coupled. An inverter does not get on that list unless they comply with Rule 21.

Back