diy solar

diy solar

HQST and Renogy 100 amp battery

MWBREWCO

Hi Guys,
I have the older Renogy 100 amp (non smart) battery. I need to pick up another one just like it to upgrade my trailer. Renogy does not sell them anymore. I found that HQST is selling the same looking battery on there web site. The specs look the same, the shell is the exact match to the Renogy down to the graphics ( except the name). Is HQST and Renogy the same or a apparent company. Would any of you mix these together in parallel? They both even say use only in parallel.
Thanks Mike

I too am curious but you got to know that no reviews available and hqst c/s is distant at best , no phone and early morning email response tells me out of country not in so. california as shown.
How is the renogy working for you ?

wish I could answer your Question, but Im a newbe but thinking of grabbing a couple HQST for our rv , but the company is difficult to talk to and that scars me, the only solid company where i can talk to a person is battle born but close to twice the price for that luxury. The warranty on the HQST is 2 years but it looks like a vallance case in black just wish i could find some reviews. It really looks like its the old renegy relabeled. good luck

I went ahead and ordered one. We will see how it goes. I herd that when they shipped HQST items in the past it came out of Renogy's warehouse. I did send the company a email and they did respond within a few hours. They did not confirm that the batterys are the same. They just said check the specs on both. The two match in specs. I will do a test before using.

great, let us know ship time and results, I got a reply from them concerning picking up 2 batterys from warehouse (30minutes away) got a no can do due to covid response. said they would ship asap if i order through there web store. but IM in a time crunch and worrie they wont get here in time. Jerr

I received the battery last week. Side by side you can't tell the difference between the two. Other than the main name. I will do some testing in the coming days. I will post pics later.

Hi All,
I took a chance and purchased the HQST LiFePo4, 100 AH battery and used PayPal. The PayPal confirmation came back with the "Payment To" section filled out as Renogy Shenzhen Co., Lt. As suspected by others, there appears to be a connection between HQST and Renogy.

I am considering purchasing two (2) HQST LiFePo4, 100 AH batteries for my truck camper, because the price of these LiFePo4 batteries are now within a price-range I can afford. Any feedback on the quality and performance would be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to ask re: HQST LiFePo4 100 AH battery. The HQST website lists the length of the battery in one of the photos as 9.7". Can someone please confirm the length? I would appreciate it.

This is an older thread now. Has anyone done any capacity testing on the HQST batt, or maybe a real world use report?

I received the battery last week. Side by side you can't tell the difference between the two. Other than the main name. I will do some testing in the coming days. I will post pics later.

Can we get an updated status on success or failure of this battery?
Yep...first post. ?

I’d love to get feedback on how these worked. I currently have 2 of the old style 100ah Renogy Batteries and would love to add another 100ah without having to buy all new batteries. The HQST ones are on sale on eBay this weekend for $380 with free shipping.

Wow...time flies. I ended up building a DIY 230A battery with Eve prismatic cells.
Knowing what I know now, I would lean toward Chins, AmpereTime, or Docan.
The latter appears to have them in their Houston warehouse now, and have JBD bms for $350:

It ran pretty close to the cost of three of those to build a pack. (y)

@Browneye have you worked with Docan before? My wonder would be customer support if there was an issue. Also, I'm not seeing anything on an app for viewing the data delivered via Bluetooth from the BMS.

@MWBREWCO any update on the batteries that you received?

What makes me interested in HQST is their affiliation with Renogy, thinking they'd be around to stand behind their product for longer. On Amazon however, there are more comments about the BMS not working properly. Maybe that's because people on Amazon got off products via Amazon, instead of buying direct from HQST. I'd rather buy from Renogy, but their batteries are just longer than my space.

@Browneye have you worked with Docan before? My wonder would be customer support if there was an issue. Also, I'm not seeing anything on an app for viewing the data delivered via Bluetooth from the BMS.

@MWBREWCO any update on the batteries that you received?

Yes, my Eve cells came from Amy Zheng of Docan, from Houston. Perfect transaction, the product is excellent. Shipping was quick once they arrived by container. I pre-ordered and waited about a month. They are very responsive and professional. Contact address on request - it's been posted elsewhere on the forum after the vendor section was deleted.

If you're talking about their OFS battery - prebuilt battery pack - it may not have the BT dongle as part of the build. I really don't know anything about their battery pack product, nor if that is something you can add. If you have interest I would encourage you to reach them directly with your questions. I don't even know if that case is able to be opened, nor if the bms has a port for a BT sender.

I sourced my JDM bms from Overkill Solar on recommendation from many here on the form. Another outstanding product and service - Steve wrote an 80 page installation and how-to manual. To me that was worth any premium for purchasing from them in lieu of source the product direct from China. He brings them in in quantity and tests them as well, and offers a variety of connection configurations for your battery build.

Yes, my Eve cells came from Amy Zheng of Docan, from Houston. Perfect transaction, the product is excellent. Shipping was quick once they arrived by container. I pre-ordered and waited about a month. They are very responsive and professional. Contact address on request - it's been posted elsewhere on the forum after the vendor section was deleted.

If you're talking about their OFS battery - prebuilt battery pack - it may not have the BT dongle as part of the build. I really don't know anything about their battery pack product, nor if that is something you can add. If you have interest I would encourage you to reach them directly with your questions. I don't even know if that case is able to be opened, nor if the bms has a port for a BT sender.

I sourced my JDM bms from Overkill Solar on recommendation from many here on the form. Another outstanding product and service - Steve wrote an 80 page installation and how-to manual. To me that was worth any premium for purchasing from them in lieu of source the product direct from China. He brings them in in quantity and tests them as well, and offers a variety of connection configurations for your battery build.
Got it. The link you posted on the Docan battery talked about Bluetooth with their JBD BMS, hence my question, not seeing an app/interface for either the battery or from JBD. It looks like these are for an OEM audience, who'd white label the hardware and provide a custom UI. Good to hear nice things with Docan, I have an open question out to them now. Thanks!

I'm not aware of any 'OFS' - what they call off the shelf here - or factory built battery packs that have a BT interface for the BMS. This is something you get with the ones you would buy to build your own DIY battery. And they're very slick. Here's what the iOS app looks like:

Back