diy solar

diy solar

HQST vs Rich Solar Charge Controllers

bosun120

Does anyone have any experience with HQST vs. Rich Solar charger controllers? It seems like the following controllers have same/similar specs (except the # of terminals), while the HQST are cheaper. Is there any reason to go with Rich Solar instead?
For reference, I plan to use it for a first time DIY Milk Crate build.

Since nobody else responded...

At that level of quality and price point, you could flip a coin. If you don't have a use for the load port, buy the less expensive HQST. However, that model doesn't appear to support bluetooth in any way. Access to the devices parameters through bluetooth is very handy. For that feature alone, I would pay the money for the more expensive HQST since it comes with bluetooth built in. The Rich Solar device requires a dongle to get that feature.

I have the HQST that is in the second link you posted but mine is the 40amp. I didn't get the optional bluetooth adapter for mine. It uses the BT-2. I just have that external plug in screen which is handy. This unit is made by SRNE. Working great for the past two and half years. They sell the same charge controller at BougeRV.

Back