diy solar

diy solar

Humless

shadesurfer

I've been looking at the Humless Home 6.5 6.5 KWH system. I searched this forum, and there's no mention of any Humless generator. Does anyone have information about Humless?

Attachments

• OP.jpeg
    OP.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 9
No direct knowledge, but they're a U.S. Company (e.g., consumer protection laws apply and you can be sure the datasheet is accurate), have a 30 day return return, 1 year warranty, UL / ETL certified. Probably as safe as they come.

The Amazon reviews are split between 5 and 1 stars, so people loved it or hated it.

Last edited:
Can't say anything good about my experience with Humless.

It's hard to find youtube reviewers that give good reviews. I don't know that they're scamming anyone with their reviews, they're just not well thought out or actually tested.

I've been looking at the Humless Home 6.5 6.5 KWH system. I searched this forum, and there's no mention of any Humless generator. Does anyone have information about Humless?
Hi Shade
I have a small Humless .64 that I use for portable applications and the unit you are talking about has some good benefits, it appears to be LiFe (safer) battery technology but you should verify this, it is a very good size and should power multiple devices but you will probably need to have it hardwired to a critical loads panel and have a transfer switch. The 3000 watt input is good if you can install that amount of Solar panels. I suspect that the power ouput is only 110 volt but perhaps they can wire it up to support 220 volt but make sure that you find out. If you need 220 for a large load device like a well pump or hvac device this might be a deal breaker. Let me know what you find out. There are other residential battery back up generator solutions in addition to this one.

This is my first post. I have this exact unit installed. The Humless Home 6.5kwh unit. Installed it myself April 2020 (just a little before this thread was created.)

Just as someone said above - I have not have a good experience w/ Humless. Works ok, has a few quirks, but generally pleased w/ the unit itself. Their support and documentation however, is *horrible*. Tend to get 1 sentence replies from tech support, and either incorrect or "no help sorry". The manual was clearly written by a non-english speaker & put through google translate or something. Bad grammer, typos etc. For example, the monitoring port. It has built in Wifi, claims to support monitoring...have never gotten it working. Their official reply about it is - "That wasn't included in the final build." ... clearly listed as a feature, but was apparently never included. Their support doesn't seem to know anything about the unit, and just confirmed w/ them, that this unit was entirely outsourced to China, and they basically just slapped their name on it, and sold it to me.

Inverter just failed last week. January 2023. Little less than 3 years after being installed. Their tech support says - can't help. Cannot order a replacement inverter. They say cannot be serviced, essentially told me to buy a new unit. No offer of a discount, no help at all (typical experience whenever I've contacted their support.)

Since this forum is the only place I've found any mention of Humless, I'm going to document my experience with the unit here. Also going to open it up (since warranty is expired anyway), and hoping someone can help me to hack in an 3rd party inverter.

In short - very dissatisfied w/ Humless. More to follow.

This is my first post. I have this exact unit installed. The Humless Home 6.5kwh unit. Installed it myself April 2020 (just a little before this thread was created.)

Just as someone said above - I have not have a good experience w/ Humless. Works ok, has a few quirks, but generally pleased w/ the unit itself. Their support and documentation however, is *horrible*. Tend to get 1 sentence replies from tech support, and either incorrect or "no help sorry". The manual was clearly written by a non-english speaker & put through google translate or something. Bad grammer, typos etc. For example, the monitoring port. It has built in Wifi, claims to support monitoring...have never gotten it working. Their official reply about it is - "That wasn't included in the final build." ... clearly listed as a feature, but was apparently never included. Their support doesn't seem to know anything about the unit, and just confirmed w/ them, that this unit was entirely outsourced to China, and they basically just slapped their name on it, and sold it to me.

Inverter just failed last week. January 2023. Little less than 3 years after being installed. Their tech support says - can't help. Cannot order a replacement inverter. They say cannot be serviced, essentially told me to buy a new unit. No offer of a discount, no help at all (typical experience whenever I've contacted their support.)

Since this forum is the only place I've found any mention of Humless, I'm going to document my experience with the unit here. Also going to open it up (since warranty is expired anyway), and hoping someone can help me to hack in an 3rd party inverter.

In short - very dissatisfied w/ Humless. More to follow.

Sorry to hear that.

Good luck and post lots of pictures! I like pictures.
Do you know what battery voltage it is based on?

Back