diy solar

diy solar

Hybrid not charging or keeping batteries charged

freeflow

Hi

I got apparently a clone POWLAND 3000Kva 2400w 24v 230vac Solar Inverter 40A MPPT Solar Charger 25A Charger, it is one of those all-in ones which can act as a charger and ups at the same time, it is set to do charge from panels first then battery and then mains if nothing else is available. I have set the voltage to return to mains battery charging when the voltage drops to 23.5 volts and return back when the battery reaches 27 volts. Lately, i go to sleep and the battery is at 24 volts and charging from mains, no equipment is on or drawing any power, yet the next morning the battery reads 23.7 and not charging from mains, so is it not charging, how can it go from 24 volts charging with no power draw to 23.5? should it not be staying right up near the 27-volt mark? Solar panels are protected by inline diodes, in addition of their own inbuilt ones, to prevent solar panels from discharging the batteries. Any ideas welcome.

Let me take a stab at perhaps why. Your main charges the battery up and stops. Over night the unit is still drawing some battery current to maintain the AIO. However it is not enough to kick the charging from mains back in since the set point is 23.5v.

I have just installed a similar unit (Easun iSolar 3KW-U) yesterday and I am getting familiar with operation and parameter settings. It is all a bit daunting.

Back