diy solar

diy solar

Hydrometer results

Also, I was going to point out that those power supplies only put out 30v maximum, so you can't use it to charge the whole battery bank at once.

Also, I was going to point out that those power supplies only put out 30v maximum, so you can't use it to charge the whole battery bank at once.
He wasn't going to. His growatt can do that. The bench ps is for individual maintenance when necessary.

Ok tomorrow ill be asking about the SG levels for my batteries in my environment! the info on the batteries @RCinFLA left says 59.2v for C.V. my inverters max setting is 58.4v 0.8v total differance 0.2v each battery. Is this such a big deal? also the max equalization voltage of my growatt is 58.4v when the info of my batteries need 62v. So it looks like ill need a PS after all to do the equalization because the inverter wont arrive.

Edit: In the manual i have in paper it says max 58.4v but if i login to the growatt portal i can change it all the way up to 64v. Time to find some growatt people

Last edited:
Did the Growatt come with a temperature sensor for the batteries? Most FLA capable chargers do, so they can adjust charging to compensate for battery temperature. I know my EPEVERs did, and my Samlex EVO inverter/charger did (neither of which I use). That sensor will go onto the main negative terminal of the battery and will connect into the receiver port on the growatt, if so equipped. Need someone experienced with the growatts to comment more on this.
I dont believe so, theres no display for temp and i havent seen anything about it in the user manual

Another thing to know is charging at a higher voltage can make the batteries use water more quickly, so be sure to check them every few weeks at the beginning so you get an idea of how fast it gets depleted.

Ok tomorrow ill be asking about the SG levels for my batteries in my environment! the info on the batteries @RCinFLA left says 59.2v for C.V. my inverters max setting is 58.4v 0.8v total differance 0.2v each battery. Is this such a big deal? also the max equalization voltage of my growatt is 58.4v when the info of my batteries need 62v. So it looks like ill need a PS after all to do the equalization because the inverter wont arrive.

Edit: In the manual i have in paper it says max 58.4v but if i login to the growatt portal i can change it all the way up to 64v. Time to find some growatt people
I suggest verifying what the paper says with the battery folks, tomorrow. The data on the pamphlet could be incorrect (typo or misprint). 14.8 seems like a high charge voltage. See if you can get any information on the specific alloy mix they use for their lead plates. Based on that, someone here might be able to affirm or contradict the information, too.

Ok tomorrow ill be asking about the SG levels for my batteries in my environment! the info on the batteries @RCinFLA left says 59.2v for C.V. my inverters max setting is 58.4v 0.8v total differance 0.2v each battery. Is this such a big deal?
Check the absorption time. Need to hold the voltage at 58.4-59.2 for 60 to 120 minutes. If you have a monitor look for 1 or 2 amps at this voltage to call them full (assuming about 200 Ah).

Once the charging is set right, the hydrometer should recover over a few days or a week. May not need equalized.

Ok guys have a good sunday, ill get back to you tomorrow. Thanks for all the help it really means alot

What a show yesterday, arrived to the boss telling me that i wouldn't be able to use the warranty because they wouldnt have completed the diagnosis on the battery till after the warranty expired. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Had to call the bigger office to get them involved and they said my warranty was valid because i took it to them before the warranty expired. Still in the fight to get the battery replaced im sure i will get it i just have to keep on pushing for it.

The guy also didn't have an idea about the alloy mix or what to adjust my charging voltages to for my temp. Im just going to email the company for that info. Wish me luck on getting my battery replaced guys!

What a show yesterday, arrived to the boss telling me that i wouldn't be able to use the warranty because they wouldnt have completed the diagnosis on the battery till after the warranty expired. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Had to call the bigger office to get them involved and they said my warranty was valid because i took it to them before the warranty expired. Still in the fight to get the battery replaced im sure i will get it i just have to keep on pushing for it.

The guy also didn't have an idea about the alloy mix or what to adjust my charging voltages to for my temp. Im just going to email the company for that info. Wish me luck on getting my battery replaced guys!
Stick with talking to corporate. One way or another it sounds like they'll get it taken care of for you. Good luck!

Ive been back there an hour ago and he told me he charged the battery overnight and changed the water for a solution they have there and now the cell is reading on the hydrometer. Is there somehow he brought the cell back to life or is there a chance he did something fishy? It was ready 12.6v. I did take it from him yet i told him i was going to come back tomorrow morning because my car wouldn't start. I plan to ask to check the cell tomorrow to check if he had just taken it off charge when i got there

Ive been back there an hour ago and he told me he charged the battery overnight and changed the water for a solution they have there and now the cell is reading on the hydrometer. Is there somehow he brought the cell back to life or is there a chance he did something fishy? It was ready 12.6v. I did take it from him yet i told him i was going to come back tomorrow morning because my car wouldn't start. I plan to ask to check the cell tomorrow to check if he had just taken it off charge when i got there
If corporate is backing you for a warranty exchange, I wouldnt settle for anything less than a new replacement.

Replacing the “WATER “ with new acid and a charge may revive it a little, but it will fail quickly because it now has the wrong chemistry. Low SG means you have sulfur out of solution. Most likely bonded to the plates, insulating them. You won’t be able to get any of it back into solution because it’s full of sulfur already. Lots of high voltage and low amperage charging my knock some off that will fall to the bottom.
I would not accept this unless there is lots of warranty left and you are willing to fight with more battery issues.

Back