diy solar

diy solar

HYH-8K-US

Fahmula

Has anyone heard of this inverter? Seems like a cheaper version of the SOL ARK.

I'm planning on getting solar for my rental/vacation house in Jamaica. My issue is shipping equipment there would incur hefty custom charges. I original wanted to get two LV6548's but custom charges would bring the cost well over 4k USD or even more as they could charge me whatever they like.
One of the more popular solar companies in Jamaica is selling this inverter along side the SOL ARK but this cost 4k USD vs 7k USD for the SOL ARK. Here is the Link to the inverter.

Let me know your thoughts.

If I understand correctly, these Huayu hybrid inverters (like the UL compliant MPP LV6548), cannot "sell back" power to the grid like a traditional grid tied Solar Edge or Fronius string inverter, correct?

If I understand correctly, these Huayu hybrid inverters (like the UL compliant MPP LV6548), cannot "sell back" power to the grid like a traditional grid tied Solar Edge or Fronius string inverter, correct?
The Huayu can sell back to the grid. Is the same inverter as the DEYE & Suntec which is also very similar to the SOL-ARK.

The DEYE seems similar but doesn't mention split phase United States support and and lists the switching time of 4ms vs 10ms of the Huayu. Perhaps these are the same hardware with different features enabled in the software and thus the longer switching time is due to the device working in split phase mode?

I can't gather much about Suntech since their PDF links are both broken:

I don't see any information about any of these being UL compliant for use in the United States. However, I do like their much improved stated efficiency compared to the MPP (and similar class) devices.

@Fahmula Do you have any experience you can share with any of these hybrid inverters? Where and by whom are they made and how long have them been on the market?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1616893884538.png
    1616893884538.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 15
The DEYE seems similar but doesn't mention split phase United States support and and lists the switching time of 4ms vs 10ms of the Huayu. Perhaps these are the same hardware with different features enabled in the software and thus the longer switching time is due to the device working in split phase mode?

I can't gather much about Suntech since their PDF links are both broken:

I don't see any information about any of these being UL compliant for use in the United States. However, I do like their much improved stated efficiency compared to the MPP (and similar class) devices.

@Fahmula Do you have any experience you can share with any of these hybrid inverters? Where and by whom are they made and how long have them been on the market?

Thanks!
The DEYE/Sun inverters are mainly for international markets. SOL-ARK is basically the US version of them. I have no hands on experience with them but I’ve read a lot and watch a lot of videos.

I’m sure they support split & three phase mode.
I can’t say for sure who made them, I just know they share similar hardware and are rebrand for different markets essentially from my understanding.

Check out this thread I’m following it closely for me information myself!

The DEYE/Sun inverters are mainly for international markets. SOL-ARK is basically the US version of them. I have no hands on experience with them but I’ve read a lot and watch a lot of videos.

I’m sure they support split & three phase mode.
I can’t say for sure who made them, I just know they share similar hardware and are rebrand for different markets essentially from my understanding.

Check out this thread I’m following it closely for me information myself!

So you ordered the Hauyu version because that's what's available to you in Jamaica but you are confident it is the same basic thing as the Deye in the other thread? You ordered the 8k version? When do you expect it to arrive? What did it cost you? What mode will you be running it in (single/split/three)? For local utility reasons I need to target 10k initially, so I am considering ordering two of the 5k units. Please keep us updated. These really do seem like a great option, especially at a significantly better cost compared to the Sol-Ark alternative.

So you ordered the Hauyu version because that's what's available to you in Jamaica but you are confident it is the same basic thing as the Deye in the other thread? You ordered the 8k version? When do you expect it to arrive? What did it cost you? What mode will you be running it in (single/split/three)? For local utility reasons I need to target 10k initially, so I am considering ordering two of the 5k units. Please keep us updated. These really do seem like a great option, especially at a significantly better cost compared to the Sol-Ark alternative.
Both the Hauyu and Suntec versions are available to me in Jamaica. I haven’t ordered the inverter yet but I was quoted 4K USD for the Hauyu. Another distributor in Jamaica actually found me on this forum (yay!) which carries the Suntec and was quoted 3.4k. I live in the US and I’ll be traveling to Jamaica the 7th of next month and get everything installed. The inverters are locally available there so there’s no wait time.

The utility there is the same as in the US. 120v/240v split phase. I’m pretty sure you could get the DEYE/Suntec inverter under 2k but the import fees in Jamaica is high so I’m gonna be over paying for them which is fine by me as the utility rate is very high there.

Originally I was targeting two LV6548’s (for the 13k output) but I found the SOL-ARK which then lead me to these cheaper alternatives. The 8k inverter would be enough if everything gets turn on at the same time but that’s where grid blending steps in.

Both the Hauyu and Suntec versions are available to me in Jamaica. I haven’t ordered the inverter yet but I was quoted 4K USD for the Hauyu. Another distributor in Jamaica actually found me on this forum (yay!) which carries the Suntec and was quoted 3.4k. I live in the US and I’ll be traveling to Jamaica the 7th of next month and get everything installed. The inverters are locally available there so there’s no wait time.

The utility there is the same as in the US. 120v/240v split phase. I’m pretty sure you could get the DEYE/Suntec inverter under 2k but the import fees in Jamaica is high so I’m gonna be over paying for them which is fine by me as the utility rate is very high there.

Originally I was targeting two LV6548’s (for the 13k output) but I found the SOL-ARK which then lead me to these cheaper alternatives. The 8k inverter would be enough if everything gets turn on at the same time but that’s where grid blending steps in.
If you buy that Hauyu inverter from that "ready to ship" alibaba link I posted above and just put it as airline luggage into Jamaica...that would be frowned upon? I was there and stayed at the holiday in near the airport a couple years ago -- lovely weather in January!!

If you buy that Hauyu inverter from that "ready to ship" alibaba link I posted above and just put it as airline luggage into Jamaica...that would be frowned upon? I was there and stayed at the holiday in near the airport a couple years ago -- lovely weather in January!!
I’ll be charge twice the cost to get the in my hands there. It’ll be cheaper to get it through a distributor there. Yeah the weather there is perfect for solar. I was born there so I know.

Deye makes all of them they are just rebadged but there are two variants one for u.s/west market( 120/240 60hz) and another for africa/east market( 240 single phase 50hz) there is another company in the u.s that uses the inverter( neovolta), solarks variant makes only cosmetic changes ie onboard breakers, custom housing.

Deye makes all of them they are just rebadged but there are two variants one for u.s/west market( 120/240 60hz) and another for africa/east market( 240 single phase 50hz) there is another company in the u.s that uses the inverter( neovolta), solarks variant makes only cosmetic changes ie onboard breakers, custom housing.
Agreed Deye uses their inverter and rebadges them to different retailers across the world for the Western Market they make a split phase. In jamaica we are the dealers for Suntec® which is the same deye but just rebranded.

Attachments

• 2 DHCC.jpg
    2 DHCC.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 28
Any YouTube videos of installs?
Actually our tech department starting a youtube channel as we basically distribute to installers across the island.

Attachments

• 8 KINGSTON.jpg
    8 KINGSTON.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 10 KINGSTON.jpg
    10 KINGSTON.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 12 KINGSTON.jpg
    12 KINGSTON.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 22
Fahmula - it would be great to get an update on your experience with the Huayu inverter after a year

Back